He Ho He

A few years ago Isaac had thought that going to Europe with Chris Argent and starting fresh was a good idea. He had thought that being away from Beacon Hills would actually do him good. He had believed that by living close to Allison, but far away from each and every memory with her, he would get a chance to find happiness again.

That happiness, however, seemed now further away then ever.

Isaac was freezing. His teeth were clattering and even the stupid scarf around his head didn't keep him warm anymore. He put down his bags and used his hands to rub his own skin, but the constant falling snow was undoing every attempt to warm himself up.

Maybe that so called easy internship with a professor who was completely nuts was not as easy as everyone had thought it would be.

"You only have to help the professor with his research. He's probably going to ask you to help him with experiments and you will have to read every book that has ever been written about vampires."

No one had told Isaac that the professor had been planning a trip to freaking Transylvania so he could find proof that vampires existed. And no one had told Isaac that this trip would include walking through inches of snow for countless miles.

Isaac didn't even know why he had been looking for an internship in the first place. As an exchange student from the university of Paris he didn't really need the extra credits. Maybe he had simply been bored. Making new friends had not been as easy as Isaac had hoped. He had not really succeeded in Paris and somehow he had not really succeeded in Königsberg, as the professor still called it, either.

Actually, the professor was his only friend currently.

Chris had gone back to Beacon Hills and refused to tell him what was going on there.

Scott and the pack had not called in years anymore. Maybe they had simply forgotten about him. Or maybe they were too busy protecting Beacon Hills from who knew what this time.

The professor wasn't too bad of a friend, actually. The professor talked about vampires and his theories all the time, but he didn't mean it bad at all. The man had a passion and mission and was simply determined to succeed.

Isaac frowned his eyebrows and stood still for a moment. "Professor?" He looked around, but he saw nothing but snow. "Professor!" He placed his hands next to his mouth and yelled again. "Professor where are you?"

What if something had happened to him? What if he had sat down to make notes? What if he had forgotten about the world around him, like he did so often? What if he was already dead by now?

"Professor!" Isaac turned around and around and he held his breath while doing so.

All the newspapers would write about it. They would write how an old scientist died in Transylvania and not one newspaper would talk about him. No one would miss Isaac.

"Professor! It's me! Isaac!" He shrugged his shoulders and tried to find his own footprints. If he would follow back his own trail, he would maybe find the professor. Isaac stood still when he noticed someone in the snow. "Professor?"

His heart skipped a beat.

"Professor!" He rushed towards the frozen creature and tried to somehow reach him, but the cold had clearly gotten to him. With a sigh Isaac tensed his muscles and he lifted the frozen professor up.

A normal human boy wouldn't have been able to carry him,

Luckily for the professor, Isaac wasn't a normal human boy. He walked back to his luggage and looked around until he saw a few small, almost invisible, lights in the distance. Hopefully he would reach the small village before the professor would die.