Chapter 1

**Mitch's POV**

"I'm serious! Everyone laughed for like 20 minutes!" Karlie giggles as Scott and I crack up. "Oh my goodness girl," I breathe, "You have some silly friends." We continue to eat, Wyatt randomly darts from under the table as Karlie drops her fork. "Wyatt! Dang it! What have I said about laying at my feet!" We all crack up again. "Finish eating and go get ready." Scott continues to eat. "Oh yeah, Orby needs to talk to whichever one of you that takes me to practice." She finishes eating as I give confused look, "I don't know he won't tell me." She shrugs. "You're not getting into any fights are you?" Scott says as Karlie stands, "Yes Dad, because I'm such an evil kid." Scott's name slowly turned from "Papa" to "Scotty" to "Dad". "Well you are Mitch's kid." I look up from my plate and glare at him with a smile, Karlie sticking her tongue out. "Take your dish to the sink young lady." my glare shifts to her as she tries to leave it on the table, "Right..." She gives me a sheepish smile. I chuckle as she picks it up and walks quickly to the kitchen. "Be ready in five!" Scott calls as she runs upstairs to her room and I finish. "Are you taking her or am I?" He asks, finishing. "I can. You have that song to work on." I smile as he gets up, "Mhmm." He gives me a quick kiss before taking our plates to the kitchen. "You're so sweet." I smile, heading to our room to get ready. I change from my sweats to a pair of ripped jeans and an oversized sweater. "Daddy?!" Karlie walks into my room, "Have you seen my neon yellow sports bra?" I roll my eyes, "Check the laundry room, if not there your hamper. Why are you wearing that one?" "Because Madi said if we could, wear it." She jogs out and down into the basement. "Found it!" I hear a minute later from a far away. I laugh and spray some cologne on and walk out, sliding my boots on. "Karlie!" I call, "Hold on!" I hear her upstairs, eventually she comes down in a purple t-shirt and her Nike pros, hair in a ponytail. "You better have some sweats on!" Scott calls from the kitchen as she looks at me with pleading eyes. "She does! We're leaving!" I push her out the door before Scott appears, giving me a quick kiss. "Love you Kar!" "Love you too Dad!"

**Marli's POV**

"Seven, eight, ONE, two, three, four, five.." I throw myself in the air, Leo carefully catching me, spinning me around before I'm set on the ground, "You can't wake up!" Cade shouts the lyrics as I go into a flip. We finish the song and I walk to my bag, chugging some water. "Good work guys!" Cade pats my bare shoulder, "Looks a lot cleaner." He adds as Leo sighs loudly, "It feels cleaner!" He laughs and I do too, "You didn't drop me this time." He glares at me, I glare back before we crack up. "Well guys I gotta jet. Wife wants me home tonight. Mar, you good to close?" "Yeah I got ya." I nod as he pats me again, "You're the best Marli." He goes to the speakers and grabs his phone, and keys. "Stay out of trouble you two!" He points a finger at us, "Got me?" he adds and I chuckle, nodding. Leo responses with a smirk "No promises." he chuckles as Cade rolls his eyes. "Bye guys." He leaves as I check my phone.

Three new messages: Mom, Jules (2)

I unlock my phone, looking at Esther's message first.

What time are you going to be home? Kate and Patrick are here.

Patrick is Mom's new found love. I hate him, with a burning passion.

I'll be home late then, probably gonna go see Kirstie.

Kirstie got married when I was 11, and now she's pregnant, very pregnant. I like to go help out with the nursery and stuff since she's still running 90 miles an hour. I go back and check my best friend, Juliet's, messages.

Got a party place, you comin?

They got a battle goin.

Nah. Don't wanna get grounded.