The Things I Do

The sparse scent of weed wafted into my nose as my friend waddled his way over to me barely able to walk properly. Mumbling incoherent words he continued to swing side to side like a drunken sailor. I took a step forward prepared to help him to my car, but he held up his hand telling me he got it. Tripping over his own foot the idiot fell onto a small glass table. Sprawled across it with a stupid grin on his face. He gives me a thumbs up just before the table shatters under his weight.

Music blared to the top of its base. Party crazed teens jumped to the beat of this years music, blissfully ignorant to anything else going on. Where is Lib?  Shit I can't believe I lost her and I don't feel like going into this big crowd. I grab Kinny, who has passed out, and head to my girlfriend's Beatle.
"Duuuude I was tinking...you could sell me on eBay."
"What?" Who the hell would buy him?
"We'd be rishhh haha...." Kinny laughed himself to sleep by the time I got to the car. I threw him on the back seat and closed the door. Sighing I leaned on the side of the car. Where the hell is Lib? Giving up on waiting for her I headed into the heart of party, the living room. Pushing through the crowd I found myself amongst a group of people around a dinning table.

I smiled at the thought of Kinny's idea. He actually thought he was worth a lo-
Before I could finish my thought I snap out of it after I got jabbed in the side.

"Hey what's going on?"

"This hot redhead chick is winning at beer pong." A  lanky guy with a sick green Mohawk raved.

I look through an opening and see Lib playing against a mosey red haired girl. And by the looks of it she is losing miserably. She looks a bit tipsy on top of that. I need to go now. It's almost their curfew. Damn it. I force my way through throwing a couple of excuse me's.
Before I could get to her some guy, that I think goes to my school, got to her first.
" Hey beautiful long time no see."

" What do you want Eli?"

" You know exactly what."

" N-not toni-"

"Hey babe we gotta go so let's go."

I've always hated parties like these. Guys see a drunk girl and think that they can take advantage.

She looked up at me and I could see that she was completely whipped. She squinted her eyes at me before recognition swept across her face followed by a sloppy grin.

"Baby!" She flung her arms over me. "I was winning you mished it."

The guy before mysteriously disappeared into the crowd with out a word.

"Come on." I take her into my arms and sit her next to Kinny who was completely passed out

"Baby, I wished-." She started in a soft whisper. Before she could finish she fell asleep.

This isn't the first time this happened. I'd be the designated driver while Lib would try to drag me off to parties that Kinny would already be at, getting high af.

I pull into their drive way and glance at the the kitchen to make sure their parents weren't home. Turning in my chair I pat down Kinny for his house keys. "Hehe that tickles," he mumbled.

Grabbing the keys I place Kinny on my back and open the door. Luckily for me they live in a one story house. I was about to lay him on his bottom bed, but I was interrupted by the little shit pointing at his top bunk tell me to fly up there so he can sleep. The things I do for them. Of course I climbed up there with him on my back.

Next was Lib. She was less of a fuss because she was completely knocked out. I carefully picked her up in my arms. And I couldn't help but look at how beautiful she looks. 

I kissed her on her cheek before closing her bedroom door. After tonight I was exhausted so I went into the kitchen for a drink. I instantly looked at the bottom and grabbed an apple juice. I twisted the cap and took a few gulps. I spun around and froze. I started coughing and began beating my chest to stop.

" Hey Mr.Taylor." I managed to choke out.

"Ah Nicholas. Whatcha up to? Hope I didn't scare you too much." He chuckled.

" Nah, it just went down the wrong pipe. Uh can I get you something sir?"

"Yeah I'll take a beer." He casually leaned on the island eyeing me.

I bent down and picked up a beer from the bottom.

"Here you go" I slide it across the counter into his open hand. Before we could talk anymore I told him that I had to go home because I had practice tomorrow.

He just lifted his beer at me and started to chug down. But seriously I should've already been in bed. Coach is definitely gonna kick my ass this time.

———————-

Guys (ladies included) don't forget to vote.