Chapter 12

*2 Weeks later*

Ugh. These past two boring weeks have been...really boring. School started already, and my bag weighs a ton. The temperature was really hot today, and my friends and I walked to Aaron's house. I wiped some sweat of my forehead. "Watcha guys have for homework, eh?" Connor asked.

"Algebra."

"Language."

"Geography."

I sighed.

"Dude...You're still bummed out about...her aren't ya?" I nodded. There's not one day I go without thinking about her. Maybe it was time to let go.

We passed a house right next to Aaron's. There was a big "U-Haul" truck in front of it, and some guys were loading furniture into the house. "Ugh great. New neighbors." Amanda said in disgust while opening the door.

"What's wrong with new neighbors?" Natasha asked giggling. "Nothing. Nothing at all. It just annoys me for some reason. Plus, I'm not in the mood today."

"No one is." I replied slumping on the couch. "Now that I think about it, it took forever to reach your house today, Aaron."

"Haha blame the sun. We panted like animals on the way home, dude." Aaron sat down next to me. We sat in silence. Strange, I thought. Then I realized why. We were all staring at a picture on the wall. The picture of all of us in the park. Me, Natasha, Amanda, Aaron, Connor, and (Name)...We were all so happy in that photo.

"What happened to you guys? You look like depressed kids that have been living in a cave." Janie (Aaron, Amanda, & Connor's mom) said laughing. Then we started running towards her. She had nice, cold fruit punch. We all gulped it down.

"Ah."

"That was good."

"Wooh." filled the room. "Okay let me correct myself. You guys look and act like you've been trapped on an island without food or water for days. Why don't you guys make a new friend? Like the neighbors next door. They have a kid around you're age." I groaned.

"We don't want to make new friends. We are fine with each other." They all nodded and agreed. "Plus, I don't feel like losing another friend I love." Everyone stared at me. I didn't mean to say that out loud....

The door rang.

Silence. Again. Everyone looked at me. "Fine! I'll get the door!"

"It was your turn anyways." I heard as I headed towards the door. When I opened it, my heart skipped a beat. "Are you my new neighbor?" The figure smirked at me. Everyone else showed up behind me out of nowhere yelling "(Name)!!!"

Author's Note: Nevermind. There's 2 more chapters after this ;D