In The Arms of A Cougar

Depending on which decade or culture you grew up in, these names may differ but holds a similar meaning: Cougar or Sugar Mamma..it evolves with time. This is a story of how a teen boy  fell in the arms of a cougar, it all started when he got into a major fight with his father:

"If you're leaving then leave my keys!" shouted his dad from the apartment door. Rick reached into his pocket, pulled out the keys and threw them on the ground and hurried towards the elevator. His lips were swollen, he was bleeding from his nose. This was the last straw, he could no longer bare the tyrannical rule of his iron fist father. He had thrown a few punches but he was only sixteen years old, he was no match for an ex Jamaican cop.

Rick sought refuge with his older sister Nikia, who being only a year older than he was, did not have the financial stability to care for him. Rick slept in the furnace room at the group home where Nikia lived.

Kerry was Rick's manager at McDonald's where he worked for the past two months. She was ten years his senior. At age 26, she looked a lot younger than she was. She was also a married woman, and had a three year old son. They became friends at work and would flirt with each other all the time. It was obvious that Rick was favored over the other workers.

She showed great concern and empathy when he told her why he ran away from home. She also opened up to him about her pain of being married to a man that she did not love. It was an arranged marriage to get her status in the country.

Stolen waters are sweet, but there are consequences that follow:

She invited him over to her place one weekend.

"My husband is away in New York for the weekend" she said enthusiastically, "You can come over and stay with me".

He was obliged, and so he went. She lived in a beautifully decorated, modern one bedroom apartment on the first floor. Pictures of her husband and child was no secret, her walls were filled with them.

He was somewhat a shy teen, very inexperienced as he had only one previous girlfriend up to that point. She realized that she had to be the one to initiate any kind of intimacy and so she came at him like a hungry lioness. For Rick, this was more like an experiment, he only knew the basics, and so she began to show him what it was to take charge in the bedroom. She showed him what to do, she taught him how to kiss, she was the first to go downtown with him.

She had a hungry appetite for pleasure and so did he. Young, strong and overflowing with stamina, his libido was like a favourite race horse. He was a very skinny teen, and so her weight on him, was crushing at times.

Their passionate, sensual pursuit for pleasure was abruptly interrupted by the sound of keys turning in the front door. They jumped up, she grabbed her robe. He grabbed his clothes and in a panic he ran to the closet, the only hiding place he could find.

"He's supposed to be in New York!"

She panicked as she struggled to put on the crotchless Victoria secret she had bought a day earlier. Her husband burst threw the room door and came straight to the closet, looked at Rick and said with a heavy Guyanese accent: "I ain't go hurt you banna". Then he began to attack his wife who began screaming as she fought back like a wild cougar!

Though he was young, Rick had enough senses to know to get out of there as fast as he could, he was not going to get involved in married peoples business. As he ran for the door he could hear the slaps and punches and things crashing to the floor.

***********************************************************************************************

They never spoke again until his next shift at McDonalds, at which time she told him that her husband had moved out and they were getting a divorce.

Not long thereafter, Rick moved in with her, and this was the beginning of what was going to be a five year relationship. In retrospect, what a 26 year old woman saw in a 16 year old boy was difficult for Rick to grasp.

The gifts began to pour in: She bought him whatever he wanted: the clothes, the jewelry, she would go to buffalo with her best friend (who also had a much younger boyfriend) at least twice a month to shop. He had the latest of all gears, the shoes, she even bought him his first car. He was the envy of all his friends in high school. He was sporting a Ford mustang that was fully paid for! She was the epitome of a sugar mama, She had a young stallion and he was king!

The relationship, the passion, the pleasure, the money and gifts were all real, but the love and commitment was one sided. She wanted to and begged for monogamy but at sixteen going on seventeen, Rick was not ready, moreover, she was competing with other girls his age. He had numerous other relationships while living with her, most of which she found out about. The day came when karma would pay her a visit and she caught Rick with one of his many side chicks in her apartment, she drew for a knife and sliced Rick's guest on the inside of her forearm. To this day she still bares the scar.

Rick realize that as much as he thought he was "the man", he was robbed of his innocence by this woman. He never had a chance to date freely without hiding. Still, she was a good woman, and After a rocky, tumultuous five years, she became weary and broke from trying to keep him grounded and trying to coerce him into monogamy. She finally gave up. But not before she burned through all her savings and RRSPs trying to keep him. He was now twenty one years old, more mature, a bit more experienced and ready to conquer the world.

Eventually, Rick went on to college, leaving a shattered soul and a broken heart behind. His deeds were not intentional, he was just a teen.