Chapter 13

Garrett's POV

Connor set up a dinner meeting with Alfonzo, a very old, very dangerous vampire and I can't help but wonder how Brad even got mixed up with them, for the most part, we all keep to ourselves. The restaurant is a five star, high-end Italian place, so I am bit excited to take Kat shopping for a nice cocktail dress. Thankfully, Irene has completely healed Kat's wounds and didn't even leave a scar. 

"OK, Kitten, we need to get you a nice dress, so are going to a little boutique a pack member owns, she makes the most beautiful dresses." I tell her and she groans. "I hate shopping, but since this is for business, let's go."  Drake and I chuckle at her and then head to Clara's little shop. 

There are racks of dresses in all kinds of colors and styles throughout the shop. I look at Kat and she seems lost. "What is it, Kitten?" She sighs, "I have no clue what I am even looking for. I have never really bought a cocktail dress."  Suddenly, Clara pops up from nowhere, "I can help with that! I'm Clara and you must be our Luna, Kathrine?" Kat smiles at the older woman and nods, "Please, call me Kat." Clara squeals and drags Kat off into the back of the store. 

One hour and about twenty dresses later, Kat looks like she is going to murder someone and Clara is blissfully unaware that it could be her. Then, Kat walks out in a vintage looking red dress that is off the shoulder. She looks stunning. Drake and I are both staring, open-mouthed and bug-eyed. She looks up, "What? Does it look that bad?" She turns and my heart starts pounding. "You look absolutely breathtaking, Sweetheart." Drake manages to speak. 

We buy the dress and head back home to get ready for our meeting

We buy the dress and head back home to get ready for our meeting. I can feel the nervous energy coming off of Kat. "What is it, Kitten?" I ask her. She sighs, "I haven't had the best luck with Brad's creditors." Drake chuckles, "Don't worry, Sweetheart, we will be right there with you." I nod then slap her on the butt, "Now, go get ready, Beautiful. We have ourselves a dinner to get to." She squeals and glares at me before disappearing into the bathroom, leaving Drake and I chuckling. 

We are all dressed and ready to leave when Irene stops us, "Kathrine, a moment, dear." She waves Kat over to her and fastens a necklace around her neck. "This necklace is very old and was made and blessed by an ancient witch from Ireland many years ago. It is for protection and once it is on, it cannot be removed, except by death itself." Kat looks at the necklace and then at Irene, before hugging her. Irene pats her gently. "You have become like the daughter I never had. This necklace is usually passed from mother to oldest daughter, but I have no children, so it is yours." Irene dries Kat's eyes with a tissue before shooing us out the door. 

I look at her and see the happiness in her eyes. The necklace is interesting, to say the least, it is like a Celtic knot, but it has a paw print in the middle and tiger's eye in the paw print. Strange, it was passed through the witches, with a paw print. The idea has me scratching my head. I don't even notice that we are at the restaurant.