Chapter 2

It was her! It was..... Shanaya, my cousin who died in a car accident .

It must be one of my crazy dreams. Ma sensed something wrong by the look on my face.

"What's wrong, Maaeraa?"

And all I could do was point my shaky  finger  in her direction. When she looked in the direction, she couldn't find anything.

"Maaeraa, what are you looking at? There's nothing. Stop making a scene of yourself .Everyone's watching you."

What!  She couldn't see her!  Why can't she see her?

"Ma, its Shanaya. She is, right, in front of you."

And, then a horrific look shadowed her face. Thank god! At last, she was able to see her.

"Hey Bhagwan (Oh god)! Shanaya was right. You must be taken to a shrink. You are totally acting like those mentally unstable lunatics .Maaeraa , she is dead", she cried.

"No, ma.It's isn't me who should be consulted to a shrink. It's you, who should be consulted to an eye specialist because you couldn't see Shanaya, who is exactly in front of you", I almost shouted with frustration.

She, literally, glared at me.

"Look, Maaeraa. I am not in the mood and in the condition to deal with your utter stupidity. So, do me a  favor and spare me from your drama. You know what, why don't you go and sit beside that window. It might calm your nerves.", she said, trying to maintain her calm which was very difficult for her to maintain, making it clearly visible from her expressions.

"Fine", I hissed .

And furiously, I got from my place and went to sit beside that window .I flopped down on the plush couch. Am I hallucinating? Yes, I am. I mean, ghosts don't exist, right? Or do they? What if, I am not hallucinating and she has returned to haunt me? I snorted, if that is the case then I don't think I have anything to worry about much. As, when she was alive she was no less than a ghost .But, jokes apart, what's happening here? I guess, ma is right. I am hallucinating. Oh god! I read somewhere that they are the early signs of schizophrenia.

"No! No! No!",  I almost cried out .Relax, Maaeraa. Deep breath in and out. Its a dream, I assured myself. Just sit normally. Don't attract any attention.

As, I tried sitting there "normally",I looked at her. She was looking a total mess. Panic could be clearly seen on Shanaya's face. She went near her own dead body .She had the same look of shock on her face that I had minutes ago. She tried touching her body but her hands went through her body . She tried again and the results were same. She couldn't take it and in frustration, tried clutching her body hard and yet, again she faced the disappointment. She happened to look at her mother. She ran towards her .She was frantically waving at her hands pointing she is right in front of her.

"Ma, look at me. I am here, ma, I am here. I am not dead.",she cried literally.

I was sitting there, absolutely relaxed. I know that its a dream. I was just waiting for my alarm clock to blare and wake me up from this weird dream.

She happened to then look at me. She kept on looking at me and so did I. Our eyes met. I felt something unusual, as if she could see through me. Okay, so it is giving me creeps now .She slowly came to me and said," You can see me ?",  with the same horrified look.

And all I could do was just nod with snail like pace.

"You could hear me also?"she continued.

Again, just a nod .