To Record Deal or Not To Record Deal?

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Eighty: To Record Deal or To Not Record Deal?

EPOV

"Well then. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to working with you and your band, Breaking Midnight," Miller said as he held out his hand to all of us again. We shook it and he led us out to the reception area. He asked us to leave an address where he could send the contract and he said he would call later on next week to set up some rehearsal time.

"Is this really happening?" Emmett mused.

"Is what really happening?" Alice chirped.

We all stared at each other, our mouths gaping like guppies. I caught Bella's eyes and she was in total disbelief. I could imagine my face looked the same as hers. Possibly a record deal? With Twilight Recording Studios? The biggest recording studio in the United States. Holy crap!

I gathered myself and nodded to the elevator. We gave the receptionist a wave and headed down to the main level of the Hancock Building.

"Is what really happening?" Alice insisted. "Edward! Bella! Come on, someone say something!"

"Twilight Recording Studios wants to cut a demo with us," I said quietly, barely above a whisper.

"What?" Rose asked.

"Twilight wants to cut a demo with us," I said louder, still not believing what just happened. "Miller, the executive, was very impressed with what he heard and what he saw and he wants to work with us."

"Shut the fuck up," Rose said. "Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack," I said, looking at Rose. "However, I don't want to put too much stock into what he said. He could be just trying to finagle us into a bad contract."

"I don't think so, Edward," Alice said as she put her arm around my shoulders. "I have a..."

"Feeling. I know, Alice. You always have a feeling," I teased her, kissing her cheek. "What do you guys think?"

"I'm in shock," Bella said. "It almost seems too good to be true, you know?"

"Why, Isabelly? We're fucking talented. Why shouldn't we get noticed?" Emmett boomed. "We've been dealt enough drama this year. We need something good. Getting this record deal will definitely be good."

"It hasn't been ALL drama, Emmett," Bella said as she smacked his chest. "You met Rose. I met Edward. Jasper and Alice found each other."

"I know it hasn't been ALL drama, Isabelly. But it would be nice to have a few months without a Jacob occurrence or evil parents or shit...you understand what I'm saying?" Emmett whined.

"Yes, Em. I get it," she laughed. "I'm still leery."

"Me too," I said, lacing my fingers with Bella's. "Before we commit to anything, I'll have Jenks look over the contract with a fine-toothed comb. I really don't want to be looped into something binding."

"Wise man," Bella said, kissing my cheek. I was having none of that. I captured her chin and caressed my lips against hers.

We caught a cab and headed back to the hotel to change before we headed to Spring Awakening. I had seen it on Broadway, but Bella, Jasper and Emmett hadn't seen it at all. We went to dinner at Italian Village and then went to the theater. It was phenomenal. Probably better than the Broadway version that I saw with my family. Afterward, we went back to the hotel and went to sleep. We had an early flight tomorrow back to New York. As much as I didn't want to stay in Chicago, I didn't want to leave either. It felt nice to be close to my mom and in some weird way, to my father. I was not fully ready to forgive him for what he did, but we made huge strides in reestablishing our relationship. I am okay with him not being my 'dad,' but I did want him in my life, in some way. Bella, in her infinite wisdom, helped me realize that.