Jacksonville

Author's Note: I own NONE of this. No copyright infringement is intended. I just wanted to borrow the characters and play with them.

Thank you to all of the people who have faved and/or commented on my story! It means more to me than you can imagine!

Chapter Eighty-Six: Jacksonville

EPOV

"Edward, wake up. We've landed," Bella croaked. "Ready for some fun in the sun?"

"I'm ready for more sleep. Who's brilliant idea was it to spend the entire night making love?" I asked, opening an eye.

"That would be yours, genius," Bella snickered. "I tried to be the voice of reason, but NOOOOOOOO. Someone was horny and needed to have me. Eight times. God damn it, Edward. You're like a machine."

"And how many times did you come?" I teased. Bella blushed and hid behind her hair. "That's what I thought."

"I'm also walking funny, Cullen," she said, smacking my chest.

"But just think why..." I said with a chaste kiss on the lips. Hmmmm, I want more. I deepened the kiss, but Bella wasn't having it. I pouted. "What?"

"We're on a plane. In Jacksonville. Waiting to see my hair-brained mother," Bella chastised. "Stop being such a horny bastard."

"But I'm your horny bastard and you love me," I said, fluttering my eyelashes.

"I suppose. Let's go see Renee," Bella said with a heavy sigh. We got up from our seats and headed to the exit of the plane. As we walked up the jetway, we were assaulted with hot, humid air and it was oppressive. So different than New York. It still had a significant chill in the air. My back was beginning to feel damp from sweat. I was not used to this. It also appeared neither was Bella. Her cheeks were flushed and she was pulling her long heavy hair into a ponytail. "If we ever move, let's not go to Florida. This sucks and it's only April."

"I can't imagine it in the summer," I chuckled. "Are you okay?"

"Renee better be good or we're driving back to New York," Bella said pointedly. "I don't think I can handle her immature shenanigans. At all."

"Bella, if I can have a relationship with Senior, you can handle Renee," I said, lacing my fingers with hers as we entered the air conditioned airport. "You can do anything."

"Sure, Edward," she said, rolling her eyes. "Phil and Renee are meeting us at the baggage claim."

We walked through the crowded airport and headed to the baggage claim. Bella was getting more and more tense as we moved through the airport. I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her soft hair. She took a deep breath and gave me a smile. A tight smile, but a smile nonetheless. We got our bag. Bella was texting Phil to inform him that we were here. Phil's text was a bit surprising. He said that he thought that we were coming tonight. Not this morning. Phil was at work and Renee was doing some voodoo shit, yoga or something.

"Bella, breathe," I said, trying to calm her.

The look in her eyes was murderous and she glared at me. "I sent her the fucking flight information. Three times. THREE! To all of her email addresses. I also sent it to Phil."

"Come on, beautiful. I'll rent a car and we'll drive to Renee's," I offered.

"But..."

"No buts. We'll be fine. Do you know how to get to her house?" I asked.

"Um, sort of?" Bella whipped out her phone again and was texting. Phil gave her directions to their house as we walked to a car rental counter. They gave me shit, again, because of my being under the age of twenty-five, but what-the-fuck-ever. I'll pay the extra money. Chill. I'm a good driver, asshole.