Chapter 4

Kathrine's POV

When my alarm went off Monday morning, I was actually excited to wake up. I had no idea what to expect today, but if it meant I got to actually do some kind of editing or writing, I was excited.

I had planned out my whole outfit the night before and it was laid. out on my bed.

I quickly hopped in the shower and washed my hair and body with lavender.

Once again I wrapped my body in a towel along with my hair. When I looked at the clock it was only 6. Realizing I had a little extra time I made myself some eggs and bacon.

At 6:15 I put on my nude dress along with my nude heels. The dress hugged my body nicely making my confidence rise. I left my hair in the towel whilst I put on my decorative necklace along with my mothers.

I quickly did my makeup and curled my hair as usual into loose waves. I was out the door by 6:45.

At exactly 6:55 I made it inside Blake Tower and went straight into the elevator. I clicked the top floor button and waited for the door to shut.

When it had almost shut I heard a quick "Hold the door please!" The voice radiated with authority. I quickly put my arm infront of the door to stop it from closing.

The man thanked me and I looked up to see it was Mr. Blake. My eyes widened in surprised at his presence.

"Good morning Ms. Mattos. I hope you had a nice weekend."

I was even more surprised by how polite he was being. "As do I." I replied trying to be polite. We sat in a tense silence as the elevator reached the 16th floor. I hadn't realized how tall he was until he was standing next to me, towering over me at, at least 6'1. (I'm aware that's not Ian's real height)

As soon as the door opened he rushed out and down the hall. I slowly followed after him. As I passed Jane's room she bid me a good morning and I did the same.

I reached Mr. Blake's office and knocked quietly as he already had entered. "Come in" he gruffly said.

I walked in and sat down in the chairs infront of his desks as I had the day I thought I screwed up this interview.

"Are you aware as to why I hired you Ms. Mattos." I shook my head quickly really confused by his question. "Use your words darling." I was surprised by his use of the nickname.

"No, not at all sir." I say in a slight whisper, extremely nervous.

"Well it's because I have never been spoken to like that. It caught me off guard, but it showed me some of your bravery and confidence." he said to me without braking eye contact.

I quickly looked down from his intense stare with a slight blush on my cheeks.

   He cleared his throat and I looked up at his face. He had a slight smirk on his face. Wait to go Kathrine, all your doing is boosting his confidence. Stay strong.

    "I would like for you to be sort of my my personal assistant. You of course would still have to edit my documents, prepare powerpoint, and attend all meetings with the job of writing notes. Also, I would like you to be here at 7 every morning Monday through Friday with my coffee and any documents from the day before left on my desk. I will give you the office across mine and you will print, or deliver anything I need you to. Sometimes I might even have you grab my dry cleaning. Is that clear?" he asks while staring at me with no clear emotion on his face

   I nod my head. "Words, Kathrine." he says. "Yes sir." I reply slightly embarrassed at my lack of integrity

    "Good." he says and hands me a manila folder 1 inch thick. "I'd like you to write up these documents for me and have them on my desk by the end of the day. Lunch is at 1, feel free to go to the cafe on the 3rd floor." he says and looks at his computer.

    I pick up the folder and my purse and slip out of his office. I walk to the office across from his room and open the door. I gasp escapes my lips as I look at he big space. It was almost the size of my apartment.

    I place down the things in my hand on my desk and start looking around. The whole wall behind my desk is made of glass and I can look out over the city. In one corner is a black leather couch and two matching chairs. On my desk is a name tag that reads Kathrine Mattos - Personal Assistant.

     I sit down at my desk and start doing my work, bursting with excitement.
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys
I know this was a pretty boring chapter, but trust me it starts getting exciting.

-Kyla