Chapter 1

Kathrine's POV      

I reach over to my alarm clock and press snooze. I had zero desire to get up and start the day. Today, was my interview at Blake Towers. I had moved to New York at 18 to major in English Language and Literature. It took a lot of hard work, but I finally graduated after 3 years with a Bachelors degree.

       Things didn't really go as I'd hoped in the whole, writing and editing department.

       After about 5 months of trying to find a job at any editing agency, I eventually had to settle on small paying jobs to keep up with my rent. I did jobs like serving coffee at Starbucks, and sitting in Walmart customer service.

      I still spend my time writing different sections of different pieces. I spent a small fortune on my macbook, but it was totally worth it.

     When I step onto the rickety wood of my bedroom floor I take a breath.

      Today, I had to look as presentable as I possibly could. I was going to an interview for an editing job at Blake Enterprises.

It had took a lot of convincing, but I finally got a friend from my last job at a book store to ask her uncle to get me an interview.

Stepping into my kitchen I turn on my coffee machine and step into the bathroom. I hop in the shower, wash my hair, and shave my legs.

When I step out I wrap my hair and body in a towel and go into my room to pick out my outfit. One thing I like to invest in is my style. Besides my books and laptop, I take style and beauty into consideration.

I'm not rich at all, but I did make an effort to save some money throughout high school and college. Now at the age of 22 I like to spoil myself every once and a while.

I pull up my lace underwear and clasp on the matching bra. I look through my closet for my white and gray dress I had been saving for this occasion. It is conservative yet still makes a good impression. I then pull out my black heels and place them along with my dress on the bed.

I sit infront of my vanity and start doing my makeup. I keep it simple by putting on just some concealer on my undereyes, some mascara, and a nude lipstick.

Then, I quickly curl my brown hair in loose curls.

There is nothing special about my features. Normal medium length dark brown hair, normal blue eyes, and a normal body.

I'm quite petite at the height of 5'1 but it's never stopped me from doing anything.

I throw on my bracelets, and my mothers necklace. I zip up my dress and throw in my heels while pouring my coffee in a mug.

I glance around my apartment with my purse and mug in hand making sure I forget nothing.

When outside I call a cab and give them the address of Blake Towers. To say I was nervous was an understatement.
----------------------------------------------
Hello lovelies.
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I will definitely try to improve on my writing as the story progresses. Until next time

-Kyla