Chapter 2

Zoro had never actively disliked a party before, especially one like this where the sake flowed freely. But then again, this was the first time he'd been at a party with his soulmate with the promise of sex afterwards. He had half a mind to drag Sanji away by the wrist and pin him against the nearest wall for at least some proper kissing, but a ridiculous number of the walls around here were so fragile he'd end up pushing the cook right through and that would completely ruin the mood. Also probably their kimonos, which would be a damn shame because Sanji looked nice in his. Okay, nice was the understatement of the century. Sanji looked hot as hell and Zoro could hardly wait to get the cook alone and see the fine blue fabric laid out under his soulmate's pale, lean frame.

Sanji looked over at him, head cocked, and Zoro felt a gentle nudge of confusion and concern from their soul bond. Shit, he was probably sending all sorts of mixed signals wasn't he. He shook his head, and tried to send a feeling of calm and satisfaction. Sanji was enjoying himself, chatting with some men Kinemon had introduced him to. Zoro could wait a few more hours.

Sanji excused himself, and Zoro sat up straighter as his soulmate approached. "Something wrong?" he asked, eyes flicking over the party.

"No." Sanji shook his head, sitting down at Zoro's side. "Not anymore." he grinned, lopsided and breathtaking, and Zoro leaned in to kiss him. Maybe it was stupid and a bit selfish, kissing the blond where everyone could see, but Zoro didn't care. Sanji was his. His sparring partner, his nakama, his soulmate. Sanji was his, and he was Sanji's, and he didn't care who knew it.

Sanji made a sound somewhere between a hum and a moan, and leaned into the kiss. Zoro pulled his soulmate close, and relished the waves of love and satisfaction coming from their soul bond. Even more, though, he delighted in the desire which laced it all. Sanji wanted this, wanted him. He deepened their kiss, and Sanji made that appreciative little noise again.

"Get a room." called one of the Heart Pirates, and something small and hard bounced off of Zoro's head. He lifted a hand to flip the bastard off, but Sanji pulled away and all his attention was suddenly focused on his soulmate.

"Let's." the blond grinned, determination and lust and anticipation swirling together in their soul bond.

"Okay." Zoro nodded once, finishing his drink and setting it down next to his empty plate. They'd all been given rooms earlier, space to leave their battle-damaged clothes and to change into the fancy-ass local formalwear for the party, but Zoro wasn't sure he could find the one he and Sanji had claimed even if it wasn't all dark. Sanji, however, seemed to have memorised the maze of hallways because he walked with absolute confidence and didn't hesitate when he opened a seemingly random door.

"C'mon, marimo." Sanji grinned, sliding his hand out of Zoro's and turning on his heel to walk backwards into the room. "We've got at least an hour before anyone'll be around to hear us."

Zoro swallowed hard, and shut the door behind himself. Sanji moved with a fluidity that put most dances to shame, stepping around the kimonos they'd never managed to put on properly and falling backwards onto the low bed. Now Zoro was sorta regretting that they got Kinemon to conjure their stupid formal clothes, because he wanted to get Sanji out of that kimono something like three hours ago and had no fucking clue where to start. His soulmate's eagerness was fading into confusion, and Zoro swore internally.

"Something wrong?" Sanji asked, and the spike of uncertainty which came from the soul bond stabbed right through Zoro's heart. "If you don't wa-"

"No." he said firmly, striding across the room to sit next to Sanji. "I want this." Zoro lowered his voice, taking Sanji's hands in his own. "I want you." he squeezed gently, feeling slender fingers curl against his own calloused ones. "I just don't know how to get you out of that damn kimono."