Prologue

(AN: Please pay attention to the dates, there will be a few flashbacks inside of the story. Please bare with me as well, I am a really busy person.)

1/2/17, 6:45 AM

Growing up I always had James. Since he moved next door when I was five, we would always hang out. At the age of eleven, we used to sneak into each others bedroom whenever things were a little uneasy at home. As a teen,  my parents fought 24/7. I always said that that would never be the case for my children. 

I continued to flip the pancakes that were on the stove in front of me. My messy black hair was tied into a high bun. My cold bare feet sounded against the wood floor, which had just been polished last week. As i put the last pancake onto the plate, I went to my sons room. He was only six. I tapped his small shoulders and watched his eyes flutter open. "London baby.. Wake up.. it's almost time for school." I ran my fingers through his curly, brownish hair.  He looked so much like his father, it was crazy. Every time I looked at my son, I saw his father. That hurt me so much, and I know  it shouldn't be that way. I picked him up from bed, and took him to the bathroom. I watched him stand on his tippy toes to make sure all his piss gets into the toilet this time. That's the one thing about raising a boy. Teach them to pee.. Haircuts..

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard London's footsteps across the hardwood floor in his bedroom. "I set your clothes on your bed for you baby." I said kissing his nose. Still halfway asleep, He walked over to bed and grabbed his clothes. After about ten minutes of waiting on London to get ready for school, I made sure he ate breakfast and then headed out the door. "Mommy I got invited to Kayden's birthday party this weekend!" I smiled. "Well are you going to go?"

London's face scrunched up. He was a very antisocial six year old, and his therapist says that he needs to be around children more. "Aw come on Lo.. I'm sure it wont be that bad. I'm going to be there. But no pressure. I really want you to go though. For mommy?" I said as I bent down to his level and cupped his cheeks in my hands. The school was three blocks down from my apartment complex.  He sighed, meaning that he was going to "think about it." Giving him one last hug, and telling him that his God mom would be there to get him after school, I walked back to my apartment to get ready for work.  I worked as a stylist for many people. I had a good taste in clothes. My best friend Ryan got me onto this job, and I'm honestly not complaining.  I put on a pink pencil skirt, with nude pumps and a white button up. I added gold accessories to my outfit and grabbed my nude MK clutch. 

Hopping into my grey stingray corvette, James was on the radio. He had moved to LA when we were 18, and from there he started his singing career.

8/15/13, 6:00 PM

I watched James load his stuff away into the moving truck. I didn't want this to be real. I wanted it all to be a dream. My best friend since I was five, was now moving away to chase his dream, while I'm stuck here in Columbia for the next few days.  I pushed my long black hair behind my ear, and turned away from my window. I was only here to see him leave. I had moved to Ohio with Nana and Papa when I got pregnant with London at sixteen. James never got to see London, but i wish he could've. I had London in Ohio, and didn't bring him back. My parent's wanted me to abort him. but I couldn't. He was everything to me, and practically the only one I had besides Nana, Papa, and James.

A knock soon came on the door, and I ran to it. James stood with his hands behind his back, his long brown hair in a ponytail. "I just wanted to see you befo--"

I embraced him into a huge hug. As bad as i didn't want him to leave, I wanted my best friend of fourteen years to chase his dreams. My warm tears hit his shirt, and he cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "I will always look out for you, and although I am a million miles away.. I am only one call away.."

Those words stuck with me forever. And I never forgot them.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I pulled up to my job. I walked in, looking down at my phone. I didn't seem to realize that we had company. "Excuse me Ms.Gilmore. This is Mr. Bay, he's having a concert this weekend and we need you to be his stylist for this weekend." Not looking up from my phone I held out my hand. "Hello Mr.Bay, I am Noel Gilmore, your stylist."

"THE  Noel Gilmore? The one who used to live next door to me? My best friend who moved away from me when she got pregnant?"

I instantly knew who this was. James. My eyes filled with tears as I dropped my phone and gave him a hug. "James!!!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my short arms around his tall neck. So many emotions ran through me. Secretly, I had always been madly in love with him. He was my first kiss, pretty much my first everything.  "You look... amazing" I said examining how long his hair had grown, and how fine he'd gotten. "You are still the same.." He said laughing letting go of my hand. A tall, slender woman came and wrapped her arms around his waist.  "Hey baby .. This is my best friend I was telling you about." James said as he pecked her lips. My heart instantly sank. "Noe, this is my fiance Dannie." Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. I twiddled my thumbs. "Nice to meet you!" Dannie said as she extended her hand. I gave her a handshake and then nodded my head. "So.. James uhh.. I need you in the dressing room so we can pick out your first outfit for your show later on tonight." I said looking at my clipboard.

So many emotions were running through my head at this point. I had no clue how to feel about seeing James. It had been four years, and yet I still craved for him. I would have dreams about us being together. When we got into the dressing room , I slammed the door behind me.

"So.. you have all this money in the damn world and you can't even contact me, let alone come and see me and London. Was I going to get invited to he wedding James? I mean come on!" I said angrily sorting through clothes. He rubbed his temples and tried to calm me down.

"Shit, Noel! You just moved away after you got pregnant. What the hell.."

"James! I came back every chance that I could! You know money was tight with Nana and Papa! I had a two year old I had to worry about, and all other problems."

James slammed down his fists and rolled his eyes. "yeah whatever. You moved away to get away from me. You loved me, and once I told you about my dreams to become a producer and a singer, you got scared. You fled before I could leave you first. I know you Noe. Just stop. You ran from London's dad, You ran from your parents, and you even ran away from me. Your best friend since five. If you don't wanna take responsibility for YOUR actions, then that's you. But DON'T .. make it seem like I didn't feel anything for you at one point, and don't make it seem like I abandoned you. A phone works two ways.. I understand that.. But DO YOU?"

The door slammed behind him. I was left with tears in my eyes.