Chapter 2: Secrets

For the next few days I stayed at home with London. He didn't go to school for three days, and today was the day that he would be going back. Although I am trying to cope with what happened, I knew that I needed to be strong for my son. James and I kept in contact too. He said he would be flying me and London back to Columbia for his mom's birthday. I hadn't seen Mrs.Carleeta in a while, and I was surprised James even wanted London and I to come. I hadn't been back home in months. I stayed in Ohio, close to my Nana and my Papa. They helped me get this nice apartment that I stayed in, and Ryan got my foot in the door at my job.

The day for us to leave finally came. We sat in the airport terminal and waited. Finally, it was time to board. I grabbed London's hand and put his backpack filled with clothes onto my back. Once on the plane, I made sure I texted James to let him know that we will be there in a few hours. London slept through the whole flight, and I was happy that he did. He needed to catch up on rest. "London wake up. We're here." I tapped him , and he scrunched up his nose, Just like his dad. I grabbed London's hand and walked out of the terminal, with his backpack on my back and my other hand, rolling my suitcase. Every time I walked past a group of men, they either said "damn mami, let me get your number." or "Daaaaaaaaaaaamn." It didn't bother me much anymore because I wasn't interested for one, and just the simple fact that you don't say that to any woman. That's disrespectful as hell.

"Noel!" Dannie yelled at me and waved at me from across the way. I rolled my eyes slightly, and walked over to her. "It's so nice to see you again!" Dannie was very friendly, and she grabbed me for a hug. She bent down to London, and pinched his cheeks. I chuckled a little, because London didn't like it one bit. He scrunched his nose up, just like his dad did when he didn't like something. "Ohhh you're just too cute!" she said letting go of his cheeks. We walked to the car and James was in the back seat. Dannie got in sat next to him, and they started to make out in front of London and I, and I cleared my throat. I looked at the time and it was 8:00 PM.

"Dannie and I have made a guest room for you guys at our vacation home here. You know I had to get one. Whenever I come back home, I don't want Dannie and I staying with my mom. You know how she can be." He said laughing and grabbing Dannie's hand. We pulled up to this large house with beautiful decorations. It was something out of a movie. Dannie didn't bother to get out of the car, but instead waved as she drove off. "She has some important business to handle, but who knows what the fuck that could be." We walked into the beautiful house and I began to look around, admiring its decor.

" We walked into the beautiful house and I began to look around, admiring its decor

"You and London's room is upstairs, and I will have the maid prepare dinner. You guys just go get yourselves settled in. First door to the left." He said putting his hair in a man bun. "Thanks James." I said as I watched the butler carry our things up to our temporary room. Sweet smells filled the kitchen, and London ran downstairs. "My lady, I have prepared Lemon pepper chicken, with grilled asparagus, and Mac and Cheese." The maid had set the table for all three of us. "James this was really nice of you to bring us out here. I am so excited to see your mom! and.. maybe even my parents." I stuffed my face, and in no time my food was gone. London finished his food and went back upstairs. "Jamie can you go run London's bath please?" James said putting chicken into his mouth. Jamie nodded her head and headed upstairs to go run his bath. "I'll be up in a second!" I said trying to empty my plate. "Noe, you don't have to do that." He wiped the corner of his lips with a napkin. "Come on James, It's the least I could do."