caught red handed

The splattering of what looked like potato smeared along the window which was increasingly being mixed with a variety of other coloured, foods? I'll just call it mush for now.

Seeing as I was distracted by the somewhat warm welcome I was receiving, lily reached for my hand and began to pull me towards the doors. Widening my eyes at the determined looking girl who was currently dragging me towards the on going war zone,

"LILY"

I hissed but this didn't seem to steer the girl clear. Her eyes moving to mine as we reached the doorway, all I saw was excitement within them.

"Time to live Claire"

I don't think a school food fight was a 'yolo' moment but none the less at least I now didn't need to interact with her friends.

Why? Well because only crazy friends would be able to handle this crazy chica. Lily pushed the doors open with great force before pulling me in. Once in the war zone she dropped my hand and reached for a pile of orange mush which she planted on my face within the second, not giving me time to react.

Snapping my head to where she was, a revengeful look on my face which was mirrored with her cheeky sheepish look. But before I could retaliate a rather generous handful of mush was plastered straight onto her face. A blue eyed smiling boy was now seen behind the very angry girl, lily turned her head to the boy with a very angry glare which didn't seem to affect the boy one bit.

Taking in his features now I could guess that his hair was usually brown, maybe black, but it was hard to tell because it was covered with yellow goo. Egg maybe? This was full out if they managed to get raw eggs. A loud shout came from the pink hair female who was looking at the taller boy, he was probably 6",

"IM GOING TO KILL YOU LUKE".

The boy only chuckled before rubbing the mush into her hair which only enraged the boiling girl further, guess he never heard the saying 'don't poke the bear'.

"oh come on lils, it was pretty funny"

His laugher coming out like a bark, he still didn't seem scared but that quickly changed. Lily began to smile and move closer to the boy, whom was now backing away.

"You're right lukey pookey"

An annoyed look crossing his face but it was interrupted by the splattering of some form of stewed meat meeting with his face.

My mouth was surely dropped at this point as I stood near the doors while the encounter took place, my eyes diverting from the duo whom were now bickering, I took in the current state of the cafeteria. People stood on top of tables, chairs and even the serving counter of the food.

An adult wasn't in sight which left me wondering but the feeling of a crunch in my hair that was followed by the coolness of something gooey took that thought away and to another one. Quickly spinning around to find the perpetrator I was greeted with a very very pleased looking male.

A large smile on his mouth, exposing his annoyingly straight white teeth. He had black raven hair which stood up, seemingly naturally. Moving my eyes down his face I met his also straight noes and yellow eyes which might I add, were bursting with happiness.

"Aye new girl, names Landon"

And with that I was gobsmacked, not only did this boy hit me with an egg he also managed to introduce himself in a cocky mannerism. But the smile that grew on my face gave away the fact that both he and I were going to get along.

I hadn't noticed I was staring at him before he coughed awkwardly while scratching at the back of his hairline, opening my mouth to resemble that of a awestruck teenage girl in slight embarrassment. Twice, I'd done that twice today

Quick to recover I introduced myself

"Claire"

His eyes looked around the room quickly before continuing

"Nice to meet you Claire but I'll have to dash"

And with that he sprung into a jog across the room.

Not before long a loud booming voice filled my ears, a few of the student blocking their ears quickly with glares to match. It took me a second of looking around to realize that the voice was coming from a loud speaker which was strategically placed in the centre of the room.

All the students had stopped their frolicking and throwing of food, everyone was seemingly frozen. The voice held authority and many of the students seemed to be struggling to even look where the voice was coming from, frowning I turned to look at the speaker. Oh no.