Prologue

I pull into my boyfriend's driveway behind his car. I'm on my way to surprise him with concert tickets to Fall Out Boy. It's our 1 year anniversary and I want to make him happy.

         I love Tate with all my heart. We are childhood friends and we have been inseparable since we met.

         I unlock the front door with the key his mother gave me and slowly walk upstairs. I'm about to reach the top of the stairs but I hear noises coming from Tate's room. My mind immediately goes to the worst possible thing but shake it off. He would never do something like that.

        I walk over to his room and the sound is much louder. I slowly open the door to find him on top of my sister. I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. I  take a step back and the door hit the wall.

        I'm guessing they heard cause they stop moving and turn to look at me. I could sense the fear radiating off the both of them. Tate gets up and scratches the back of his head as my sister grabs a blanket and covers herself.

        "Rena, I didn't want you to find out like this. I do love you it's just that I needed to let out some steam." He chuckled nervously.

         All I could do was laugh. I can't believe he would say such a stupid lie. Only an idiot would believe that.

        "You know Tate. I'm actually glad i figured this out.  I don't want to spend my days in a relationship with a cheating boyfriend. It's actually funny. I actually believed that you loved me." I look at my sister. "How could you do this to me? My own sister? I..I don't care anymore. You guys can have each other." I fought back my tears and smiled.

        I put the concert tickets on the floor and turned around and walked out of the house, back into my car. I pull out of the driveway and decided to go on a drive. I think back to when Tate asked me out.

         ~Flashback~

          I was sitting on a tree branch as my friends gathered around the campfire. I stared up at the night sky when I felt someone climb up next to me.

          "Hey Rei. What're you doing up here by yourself?" I look over to see Tate and smile.

          "It's beautiful up here. And looking at the stars calm me down."

          "Looking at you calms me down. Look Rei, I've been meaning to ask you. I know we're childhood friends and all but I like you." I stare at him in disbelief.

          "I thought you swung for the other team.  Wait I'm sorry. Continue."

          He clears his throat. "As I was saying, I want to take you out on a date. Only one date and if you don't like it I won't bother you about this kind of stuff again. I promise. "

          I looked at him and I could tell he was being sincere. I thought that one date didn't hurt anyone. Well besides Kaneki Ken.

          "Yes I'll go with you." I say.

          He give me a hug.

          ~Flashback Over~

          I could feel the tears streaming down my face. I go to wipe them but it was the wrong move and the next thing I know I hear honking and then a loud crash. I feel myself hit my head and my world goes dark.