Chapter One- The Beginning

Austin's POV

I was waiting for my Dad to come because I need to tell him something really important. He was coming home from a meeting he had out of town for his job. 

He finally came home around 5:45 and I was so happy to tell him the news. "Dad I have something really important to tell you." "I can't now son I have to change, take a shower, and sleep I'm really tiered after my flight." But it's really important dad." "No I'm too tired." "Fine." I said.

I was really hoping to tell my dad about the great news but I guess it can wait until tomorrow. I had nothing to do so I decided to FaceTime my friend Aaron from LA. He moved away with his mom and brother because his mom got a new job. It has been about five years since they have move. We haven't visited because we live in New York.

"Hey dude what's up," I said. "Nothing much. Hey I was wondering if you wanted to come and visit us for summer break?" "Yes, I would love to and that is the reason I called. K entered a writing contest for the LGBT program at school about my story with my mom dying from cancer, my older sister in the army, me coming out to my dad, and how my dad never spends time with me. They want me to move to LA for me to start my own show!" 

"Dude that's awesome. When does it start?" I will get on a plane to LA. Which is May 21st. It starts the 23rd of May so I get to hang out with you for a while. Only two days away! I'm so excited." I said. "Hey does that mean that we will go to the same school?" "Yes it does." I said. "Nice dude." 

"I can't believe we will be juniors together and graduate together." I said. "I know I'm excited too." "Hey my mom just said y'all can stay with us." "Awesome can't wait. Well I have to go it's my bed time bye" I said. "Bye dude."

I couldn't go to sleep because I was so happy about the what has happened. I finally went to sleep and dreamed about what it is going to be like.

********** This means that it skips to a later part of the story.

The next day when I went down stairs I sat at the table to eat my breakfast. Dad was going to leave to go to another meeting a few miles away. I told him about the the show and everything else. He got extremely happy and said, "let's start packing." It was a Saturday so I didn't have school. We spent all day packing and getting ready for the trip we went and had a special dinner to celebrate and call my sister. Like my dad she was really happy. She left for a one year tour in Afganastan. I can't wait.