Chapter 1: Fire

It was a normal school morning. Like most kids I ate cereal got dressed and did the last of my geometry homework. Ky dropped me off at school gave me a quick wave and off he went. I knew he was going to the woods, he always goes into the woods a block down from my school, that way if I needed him he could quickly come at any time.

The one thing I do dread at school are the kids. No one knows who I really am but EVERYONE knows me and that’s not going to change. I am the girl who can’t talk or the weirdo that sits in the back of the class. I get the usual taunts and question like, what’s wrong with you? Or Why don’t you say anything are you special or something? Yeah, that was my daily school life.

School when by smoothly though. Six long hours of nothing for me. The only thing exciting was a music assembly and that was just because it got me out of two periods. But then something strange happened a tall man had been standing at the schools back door at the end of the day seemed to be waiting for me. As I walked by careful not to make eye contact. He fallowed behind me careful to not look to suspicious he talk to some of the teachers on the way out. I walked down the football field to a small wooded area I thought he would never look. I sat under a tree and began to read waiting for Ky to pull up and take me home. When I saw the man again I quickly rose to my feet. Knowing most people didn’t know ASL, I didn’t try to communicate.

‘Don’t be startled.’ the man said in a low,calm voice.

‘You’re Ky’s sister, right.’ How did he know Ky? He took another step closer I took a other step back and nodded slowly.

‘He told me to pick you up today, I work for his mother.’ That set me off. Ky told me never to trust his mother or anyone who works with her. I went into a dead sprint into the forest and he followed. I saw a black car pull up by the edge if the woods and about 15 other men step out from behind trees. I was surrounded and out numbered. Scared, I was prepared to fight back. Two men came closer and I looked at both of them. But then I saw something in the background, Ky was being held by two men he had blood all over his body and that’s when I felt the pain in my body. A sudden heat came over me and in that second a scream came from me but it didn’t feel as though it did. ’FIRE!’ As the flames had come out of every limb of my body and blasted out 100 yards. Ever one of the men had fallen to the ground. In my blurry vision only two men stood. Ky and the tall mysterious man. Then I blacked out.