CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
He knew what they would want, one of the perks of living with the devil. You develop abilities, like sensing what people want. Once you've been around them for a while, you begin to learn other things about that person, like their favorite color. Sefrin was still the only one with an ability so far. Soon he returned, with food and milkshakes, the guy and Cara's preferred drink. After setting it on the table against the wall, he grabbed Sandra's food, a hamburger with fries and a strawberry Fanta soda. Her eyes lit up, and just seeing that brought a smile to his face.

Cara grinned excitedly. Now she knew that Sefrin felt the same about Sandra, so she could relax. Sandra was in safe hands. At least, he looked safe. When he saw Sandra's expression when he brought food back had made him smile with her. And it was a real smile, not a fake one. His smile was screaming that he cared about her a lot. Sefrin's eyes were gleaming with pride, and his smile was blinding.

"You might want to stop smiling, Sefrin." The other guy commented. "Yeah? Why's that?" "You're blinding my girlfriend. That's why." Sefrin chuckled. "Alright, then."

"The only way to stop is to be killed again, and then live on earth until you die, but no matter what you do, you can never go to heaven. Even if you were perfect, sin-free, the most honest person on the planet, there is no way to get out of hell. So I carry on, knowing there are some worse things that can happen." Her mouth was open, froze in horror. "How?... How could that be? How is it possible you can't go to heaven? Please... Can you go to heaven?" "Only if I don't die again. And if I don't succumb to the darkness like so many before. And the only way I have a chance of that is you. You could be the only thing keeping me alive. If I didn't know better, I would think you were my girlfriend, but I took her soul, so it is not possible. I mean, I can interact with humans, but if they find out what I am, they refuse to accept it, so I have to leave. But you just openly accepted me and what I told you. So I can't leave, even if I wanted to. I don't think I could ever leave you..." He adverted his eyes, refusing to see her expression.

Okay, so I said stuff like this would happen, so don't get mad at me. I personally don't believe in love at first sight or anything like it, but it makes for an interesting story, so there is my point of view.