CHAPTER 03

I'm a wanderess

I'm a one night stand

Don't belong to no city

Don't belong to no man

HURRICANE

1 YEAR LATER

Emily wrapped her jacket closer to herself in fear. She was in the woods, listening to the growls of a creature near her. She recognized the sounds. It was a werewolf.

The blue-haired girl knew she shouldn't have taken the shortcut. She thought, there's no werewolves in this area, that she was totally safe.

Oh, how wrong she was.

Red eyes watched her from the darkness and she screamed. Running through the woods, Emily tried to get away from the beast. But in the back of her mind, she knew she couldn't escape. Not from a werewolf.

Something grabbed her ankle and she fell to the ground. Emily turned to lay on her back and the first thing she saw were red eyes. 

An alpha.

But his eyes were slightly different. Yes, they were red, but there was something off. He snarled, showing off his fangs, and Emily whimpered, closing her chocolate eyes. His claw grazed her cheek and she tried to move away.

This was it. She was gonna die.

Suddenly, the claws were gone and when she opened her eyes, the alpha was gone. Emily scrambled to her feet and began limping away as fast as she could. There was a howl in the air and she began hobbling faster.

Emily screamed, feeling a stinging pain in her side and she toppled to the ground. Holding her side, the blue-haired girl looked around for the alpha. She saw his eyes in the darkness. It blinked once before disappearing.

Crying, Emily lifted up her shirt to reveal the bite mark. She put pressure on the wound before curling into a ball and falling unconscious.

When her eyes opened, it was still dark out. Her body was numb as she stood and began walking towards town.

Emily made her way to a motel and stood at the front desk, waiting for the receptionist. She rang the bell and he came out. He had a creepy smile and a terrible comb-over with a large mole on his forehead, "How may I help... you?"

Emily knew she probably looked like shit. "A room for two nights." She stated, putting a pile of money on the desk.

"Name?"

"Ashley Nicolette."

The man nodded and handed her a key, "Anything else, miss?" He asked with a smile,

"When is the full moon?"

He looked at her strangely before typing away at his computer, "Um, it's tomorrow night."

"Great." Emily mumbled, walking down the hallway towards the rooms. She stared at her reflection in the bathroom mirror. She was covered in dried blood and dirt. 

She stripped off her torn jacket, shirt, and shorts along with her underwear before jumping into the shower.

Careful of the bite, Emily scrubbed at her skin and hair. Once she was clean, she got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around her small body.

She grabbed the brush from her backpack and attempted to brush her blue hair. She soon got frustrated and grabbed a pair of scissors before cutting her hair at her chin. Emily gave herself a bob haircut and smiled.

She looked good, she thought.

Putting on a pair of pajama short and an off-the-shoulder top, she climbed into bed and fell asleep, needing rest before dealing with her problem tomorrow.