I

Oh my God! I am so tired of every day having to run to Grandmother's house. I mean, I have a life. I understand she is an old woman and she can't do the things that she once could. I really do. Seriously, though, does she need something EVERY DAY? I mean, can't she make a list or something? It's not like she lives next door. I have to walk across the shallow point of the river and through the woods to get to her house. At least she could make it a weekly visit instead of sending her stupid raven EVERY DAY!

I know, I know. This is not the way to open a story. Damn it! I'm pissed. I'm seventeen years old. I should be in the village with my corset tightened fixing my stockings in front of the fountain. I need to be worrying about me. And him. Oh my goodness if you could only see him. I have no idea what his name is, and honestly I wouldn't care if it was Dummy von Dorkinstein. He is so dreamy. He works for the blacksmith. I could watch him forever. The way his muscles bulge and strain as he hammers on the swords and shields he's forging. His black hair hangs in his face and glistens with sweat against his smooth dark skin. I want to just eat him up. Or throw him down. The problem is, I never have enough time to talk to him. I'm always going to GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE.

The bakery is across the way from the blacksmith, and the fountain in the center of town gives me the perfect spot to sit and wait for Grandmother's bread and keep him in my sight. I want to ask him what he's making so bad. I want to ask him his name. I want to hear his voice talking to me, not just answering the blacksmith. That voice, oh that VOICE! It's so smooth and sexy; soft, yet firm and commanding. Just thinking about it makes my thighs quiver.

I also guess I need to thank Grandmother. If it wasn't for all my trips to the stupid bakery for her, I may never have noticed Super Sexy Blacksmith Guy. Every raven I hope she needs a new head for her axe or maybe a new cauldron for her soups and stews. Those things would come from the blacksmith right? Oh It's hopeless! So, I just spend as much time as possible, with my corset so tight I nearly can't breathe, adjusting my stockings at the fountain, hoping he happens to notice my goodies.

"Claudia!" Mother shouts from the kitchen and my day begins. So much for my dreams. "Grandmother's raven is here," she said.

Oh great. How did I not see that coming. "I'm coming, Mother," I call back sweetly. Of course I have to play the part of the perfect daughter and granddaughter. I can't let anyone know how absolutely miserable and ready to move on with life I really am.

I walk into the kitchen, my biggest smile on my face. I've spent lots of time in the mirror perfecting the "Mother Pleaser". I hug my mother and kiss her cheek. "Good morning," I said sweetly.