Grammar Boarding School (1D)

Hi. I’m Hazel. I’m originally from France, but I moved to Ireland a couple of weeks ago. I know nobody here and I have left all of my friends back home. It really sucks... My best friend, Renée, she was balling her eyes out when I left. We always planned to graduate high school together, but my mum got a new job here so me and her moved. I don’t know my dad, he died in the army. I miss him a lot, but I never talk about him but I could never ask for a better mum to be completely honest. She is the best! I could ask her anything, from the birds and the bees to the 1, 2, and 3’s. My mum said I would be staying in the school from Monday to Fridays and come home on weekends because she was so busy with work. Anyway, it’s my first Monday in this new school. As my mum drives me in the gates, I get butterflies... I’m never good in new situations. As we get out of the car, we see this women walk over to us. Oh god I’m going to vomit.

“Good morning, you must be Mrs. Williams, I’m Ms. Marr, and this must be Hazel, you’re very welcome to the Grammar Boarding School.” The women said as she shook both our hands. She looked kind of old and reddish brown hair. She doesn’t look the nicest. She brings me and my mum into the dorms. I have my own room and she said I can decorate it. Nice one... She leaves me there for a few minutes with my mum while she goes to get my key. As soon as she leaves, I hug my mum; she is the best thing in my life. Soon later, Ms. Marr comes back with my key; it was the Military Camouflage Colours. I shed a tear but quickly wiped it away. Aww she’s sweet. Miss brought me around the campus and explained everything to me. After that, I said bye too my mum and she left. It was 9:45 so I went to my next class. It was science which I love. Miss took me to science and brought me in.

“Sorry to disturb you Ms. McGuire, but we have a new student. Her name is Hazel Williams.” She said as she stepped out of my view so the whole class could see meHH. I felt like a painting, everyone staring at you...

“That’s no problem Ms. Marr. Hazel if you like you can sit beside Maja.” She said to me. I quietly walked over to the stool and sat down beside the girl. She was really pretty. She had brown eyes and blonde hair. She had a nice smile. As soon as I sat down, she said hi. I replied and that is all we said. When the bell rang it was lunch. I grabbed a bottle of water and went down to my locker. I sorted out my locker. I stuck my timetable on my door. I also stuck a photo of me and Renée and then another of my dad. I got my books and closed my locker.  I was walking down the hall when I bumped into someone and dropped my books. Worst of all, they had coffee and went all over my top. Everyone was laughing and I felt like an idiot.

“Shit sorry!” He said. Great. It was a guy. Before he could say anything to me, I had my books in my hands and I ran to my room. I locked myself in and started to cry. I could tell I didn’t fit in here. I went and took a shower. When I got out I got changed and started to decorate my room. An hour passed and it was all me. One wall was covered in photos of France, another I spray painted. The one with the window was leopard wallpaper. And my last wall was painted in blackboard paint. So I doodled on that. I was listening to when I heard a knock on the door.

So guys what do you think? Sorry about the big mix up! Love you guys and spread the word! Oh and you pronounce Maja as Mya ;) X x x