~1~

Lily Jane slumped onto the bench next to a tall, handsome gentleman in a vibrant blue coat. She sat back and took in her surroundings, the sparkle in the ocean catching her eye.

Looking over at the blond man next to her, a flash of green was brought to her attention. Without staring, she subtly looked over and saw the green again, this time pinpointing it to his jacket pocket. As she watched, it began to move. This little flicker of green moved out of his pocket and into the crease within his coat.

It reminded her of a creature she met during one of Hagrid's lessons. Lily-Jane recalled it to be called a bowtruckle. Although, it couldn't be that. They are nearly impossible to find and Hagrid had to get it imported from Scandinavia! Yet, it did look awfully like the little tree creature. Yes...she was almost positive it was a bowtruckle. Could it be?

"Hi, sorry to bother you, but I think your bowtruckle is running away" Lily-Jane said as she pointed to the little stick figure working its way up his arm.

"Oh thank you! That could've been a disaster!" He stated as he scooped it up using his hand and pried it off back into his pocket. The poor creature tried to hang on but the man eventually managed to shake it off. "His name's Pickett."

Lily Jane nodded to show she had heard, then went back to mentally planning her route when she was interrupted.
"So are you visiting Britain or coming back from America?" She traced the voice back to the man in the blue coat.

"I'm coming back to Britain...what about you?"

"Same." He said with a little smirk appearing on his face. "You must be a wizard since you know about bowtruckles. Did you go to Hogwarts then?"

"No...I'm a muggle...but yeah, I did go to Hogwarts." She said with a small grin on her face.

A cute laugh escaped from his chapped pale lips and Lily watched as his blue eyes lit up. "What house were you in?"

"I was a Gryffindor. You?" Lily Jane stated matter-of-factly.

"Hufflepuff and proud!" He said lifting his chin in pride.

"Cool." She then saw her moment to ask if he knew anything about the person she was currently researching. "Do—"

"So—" They both said simultaneously and Lily Jane began to blush.

"Sorry you go first" Lily shared looking at his handsome features and his blond curls blowing in the sea air.

"I was just going to ask what you were doing in New York."

"Actually, I was going to ask you about that. I'm researching my family relatives and trying to learn as much as I can about them. Last thing I heard, my great, great Aunty was in America so I was trying to find her. I couldn't."

"What's her name? I might've heard of her. Is she well known?" He asked, genuinely interested in helping.

"Ada Everston?" I share, trying to remember and pronounce her name properly.

"Wait! You're an Everston?! Seriously? Of course you would never find her in America!" He said looking a little bit confused but mostly amused at my stupidity. "Everyone knows she lives in South London nowadays. Well everyone but you!" He bursts out laughing, unable to control it.

At first she frowns at him but his laugh was highly contagious and after a couple of minutes they were both erupting with laughter like a volcano.

Once they had calmed back down, Lily Jane asked "So where would I find her?"

"South London." He said teasing her.

"Yes. I know that. But where in south London?" She let her sarcasm get the better of her.

"I can take you there if you want...I'm not in a hurry..." He offered politely, with an enchanting gleam in his eyes.

"Yes please!" She said a little bit too enthusiastically. "Oh and I never caught your name...Mine's Lily-Jane." She shared, lifting her hand out to shake.

"Nice to meet you Lily Jane." He said grasping her hand. "I'm Newt. Newt Scamander."