1

There we sat across from the Kirigaya's engaging in a very well thought out conversation. We sat in an ascending line from left to right. I sat in the left chair. My brother, Yuri, sat in the middle and my mother, Hiroko, sat to the right of him. It was a perfect set up for a perfect dinner for a perfect family. We were the perfect family that everyone wanted to be. We were perfection with no sign of a flaw. And that's exactly what my mother wanted us to be. Perfect.

The Kirigaya's were a mess compared to us. They had their shortest daughter in the middle while the two competing parents sat on the outside.

I watch as the minute hand on my watch finally reaches the six. Right on time.

"Mother, may I fetch the food from the oven." I ask.

My mother looks over at me and smiles.

"Of c-"

"I can help!" Yuri offers as he rises from the table being sure to push his chair in.

We have rehearsed this dinner many times so everything has to be flawless.

I rise from my chair, pushing it in, and join Yuri in our walk to the kitchen. We walk side-to-side down the hallway.

"Get the fuck off of me you fat pig." Yuri says as soon as we are out of sight and earshot of the dining room.

I groan at his stupid comment and push open the door to the kitchen.

The kitchen is pristine. Every counter wiped. Every floor tile swept. Perfect. Even the family portrait I drew when I was seven was modified to look less like a mess and more like art.

"Where the hell is the katsudon, Katsudon?" Yuri asks.

"I don't know Yurio." I say lingering on the "o". "Maybe check the counter with all of the food on it." I say sarcastically.

"I will not be referred to using that stupid name." He says raising his voice just a hint but not loud enough to be heard from the dining room.

"Don't refer to me as katsudon and I won't refer to you as yurio."

"Fine. But don't think negotiating is always going to be an option pig!" He says grabbing the bowls of katsudon and walking out of the door, smirking in the process.

I sigh grabbing the glasses of water and following behind him.

When I make it to our designated dining area, Yurio is handing out the bowls of katsudon. I copy his actions and gently place the glasses of water next to each person's bowl. We both take a seat in our chairs.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to say grace." My mother announces, reaching out her hands to Yurio and Mr. Kirigaya.

I mimic her actions reaching for Yurio's hand. He accepts it with a hint of haste that only I can recognize. Mrs. Kirigaya also takes my hand along with her daughter's.

"Dear heavenly father, please bless this food with your holy spirit. Make it taste like it came right out of Heaven itself. Please keep everyone safe tonight. Especially the Kirigaya's in their long departure home. I pray that everyone eats hearty tonight. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name, I pray: Amen."

"Amen." We all chime in as we begin to eat.

So that's the chapter. I know it was awfully short but I intend on making the rest of the chapters 1000+ this was just to kick off the basics.

So leave a comment with your reaction (if you got my reference I love you)

Please vote and if Anyone has any ideas for upcoming chapters DM me and I'll consider. If I do use your idea I will be sure to give you credit.

Anyways ily guys.

If anyone needs to talk you can message me :
Here
Yuriosakitten *Instagram(most used)
Marsjustareject *twitter
Planetxmar * snapchat