Five: How To Make Your Daughter Feel Like An Orphan

Violet sat in her room. I'm fine, I'm fine I'm fine, nothing's wrong, I'm fine. Needless to say, she was definitely not fine.

She hadn't eaten anything in four days. I'm...I'm so hungry...maybe I could-

No! A voice in her head shouted, If you do, twenty cuts on your stomach!

Violet didn't eat that day...

---

Vivian, Violets mother, sat on the hotel bed. She was currently in Tokyo with her cheating husband who "was busy with work".

Vivian chose to stay in Tokyo with her husband for the time being, simply because she still loved him, somewhere deep inside.

Vivian knew that her daughter was aware of her husband's unfaithfulness, but she figured that if she and her husband weren't around the house as much, Violet would be happier.

But Violet didn't care if her family wasn't perfect. She didn't care that her family was messed up. She just wanted a family. period. When her parents were away so much, she began to wonder if she could even call them family.

If you've ever heard the song "She Talks To Angels," then you might be familiar with the line "Yeah, she'll tell you she's an orphan, after you meet her family." Well that line fits Violet quite well.

Because in a way, she was like an orphan. She couldn't even remember her mother's face...