Wilfred

so after that I walked home. It was a cold day and the fog covered the ground like a blanket, so I walked home as fast as I could. When I reached the door and tried to get my keys out of my pocket, I saw my wife next door so I approached her.

"How are you sweety?" I wrapped my arms around her and rocked her backwards and forwards, she was warm. "I'm waiting for Wilfred, he didn't show up at the house." I leaned to the side and looked through the rectangular window next to the door.

From the initial look, I could tell the house would have been expensive. As In the living room was one couch and two individual chairs all facing the fireplace, a few paintings here and there, and blue wallpaper.

I knocked on the window as loudly as I could without disturbing the people sleeping. Then I saw him look out of the window and spring to life almost running towards the door, opening it and saying, "don't come in." So I just looked past him and I saw a hand on the floor in the dining room doorway. I asked if I could have a look, he denied at first, but then he reluctantly allowed both me and my wife to investigate.

I walked down the hallway to the door closest to the dining room and saw the body. It was male, age thirty-four, he was overweight, but the specifics were hard to pinpoint. "What is this body doing here?" To which he responded in a weirdly sarcastic tone, "Not much, to be honest." Then he rushed off to another room.

From the hand of one of the bodies, there was a trail of blood leading to the basement, so I followed that and the strange smell similar to copper. The sound of some unknown liquid bubbling up rang throughout the hall as I took several steps closer tilling was in front of me. A lab for some ungodly experiments.

When I first entered the first noticeable thing was the taste of the air, it was familiar, but I had no idea where I had tasted it. looking around revealed more on tables made of either steel or iron on top of which lay test tube and bunsen burners stained by the familiar liquid.

I heard footsteps on a stone floor and Wilfred saying, "No matter what you think or say, I think I did right. I did it for you, master." I continued to look around speechless, shocked by what we before me, but denial can only hide so much.

Attached to a hook on the other side of the room, lit by a dim bulb was a blood bag, however, its contents had a slight green glow to it. So I cautiously approached it removed it from the hook and looked for a label. "Your condition has worried me for many years. More than 30 people have died because of it, how many more. I had to do something. I knew a cure was impossible, the devil has your soul." He took the bag from me and continued, " but this content of this bag holds the key. No one else has to die."

Next to me on a table underneath the hook was a note to be sent to me if I hadn't entered his house. It reads, to my close friend and employer Rory Turner. The information in this note must be kept secret. Come to my house at nine pm, I have a replacement for one of your most curious cravings.

I decided to try it when I get home in bed to counter any side effects. I stayed in his house for a bit, looking around talking to Wilfred, "Do you want me to go to yours and prepare a meal? " I dismissed him saying, "I've already eaten, but ask Mary. I'm unsure if she has or not." So he left me alone.

His speech (if you could call it that) about how if this works, Mary wouldn't have to kill anyone else filled me with some joy as I don't know if she enjoys it or not. Plus with a replacement, I would no longer feel guilty for all those who died so I could live. So I took off the cap and smelled it, already I would feel the excitement and the rush of adrenaline pumping through my veins, but I didn't make it too clear.

I walked slowly back up the stairs and found my wife sitting in the living room barely disturbed by the discovery. "Well, today has been ... educational." Before shaking his hand and walking home as it was next door. I do wonder, what he made the blood from.