Chapter 8- Celebrating ?

What we ended up doing was going for ice cream and barbecue. The restaurant we went to was called " Gin," it means silver. I wonder why they named it that. I had a small sirloin steak with French fries and had red velvet ice cream, Kiki had a large T-bone steak with a small salad and triple chocolate ice cream, Nanami had had the same as me but with an extra side of mashed potatoes and mint chocolate chip ice cream, Mikasa-sensei had a half rack of ribs, French fries and a raspberry sorbet since it is less sweet than ice cream. We all had a blast and chatting about how everyone passed the test. Kiki used her nose, and Nanami used her hearing like me. This is the first time I've had so much fun in a while.
" So, what made you want to become a ninja Ren?" Nanami asked timidly. I looked at her and thought for a bit.
" To protect my family. My mom, dad, and older brother were the only ones who didn't underestimate me because of my blindness. They encouraged me to become a ninja and taught me what they could before I went blind. I.... really miss them," I said. It was quiet for a moment everyone just munching on their dessert.
" If you don't mind me asking, what happened to them?" Kiki asked. I paused acting like I was hesitating.
" The... Head of my clan murdered them, my parents at least. He... didn't approve of them teaching me justu. He felt as if he betrayed them, going against his orders.... He's insane, and it really kills me that I couldn't protect my parents. I don't know where my brother is. My only hope is to get strong enough to find my brother and protect him," I half-lied, while the head of the Hyuuga clan is insane, my family isn't dead. It was so silent.
" Well, enough about me. How about you three what made you want guys want to be a ninja?" I asked.
" To be with my Sasuke of course! However, after hearing your reason it really makes me question mine. It that really my reason for wanting to be a ninja? Now that I actually think about it, it was about wanting to protect him, not staying with him, if that even makes sense," Kiki said.
" No it makes perfect sense. My reason is because of Naruto. As you know, I'm very shy, but my brother encouraged me to face my fears and to pursue my dream. I had always doubted myself questioning if I was really fit to become a ninja. Naruto changed that, so I decided that I would pursue my dream and accomplish it, for him," Nanami said.
" You're all very touching. The only reason I wanted to become a ninja was for money. A friend of mine was ill and her family couldn't pay the bills, so I became a ninja to help her. She was my very best friend, and I couldn't live without her. In the end, me becoming a ninja was useless. She died the very day I came back from first mission. She died right in front of me. The only reason I didn't quit becoming a ninja was because she asked me to stay as one for her before she died. Her dream was to become a ninja but couldn't for obvious reasons. So, I stayed and tried my best to fulfill her dream," Misaki-sensei said.
" And you say we're touching," me, Kiki, and Nanami said at the same time. We all laughed after that and just enjoyed the rest of the night. After another hour or so, we all parted ways to our houses. As it happens, Nanami goes the same way I do.
" Hey, Ren? Do you think... if you want... can you tell me the names of your family? Only if you feel like it of course!!" She said reassuringly. I just laughed at her.
" It's ok Nanami. I don't mind too much talking about my family in general. Their names were Hizami, my father, Carla, my mother, and Tenji, my older brother. We were all a happy bunch, makes me miss them even more. But don't worry, it wasn't because of you," I said. She nodded and turned left.
" Well, I turn here, see you tomorrow for our mission," she said and waved. I waved after her retreating figure.
' She's not that bad,' I thought and smiled, and walked back to the house.