Chapter II: Running the Six

Rich Homie Cartel: Bullet in the mm! 🔫

• leave inline comments✍🏽

• leave inline comments✍🏽•

Ashanti Korda

Five weeks later...

Clarence looked at me as his famine kicked in. The roaring of his stomach filled my ears as I looked over at him once more. "First off, I do have food in the fridge, or we can just order some food. That is really distracting," I said with a chuckle.

Clarence looked at me, then went straight to business. "You know the house in and out. Are you sure you're ready for this?" Clarence asked me as I propped my glasses on top of my head.

"Yes, I'm ready. I'm one of the FBI's top-Detectives and spies they have to offer. I got this down packed," I said with a chuckle.

He nodded with a sigh and went back to typing on the computer. "I'm just saying. You haven't gone undercover in how long? This guy seems dominant and wild. He's one of the most ruthless men in Florida, everyone wants his spot. This man has his damn name stamped everywhere. The total of people he's killed isn't even done yet. Far from what you've experienced in real-life situations. Don't know what's going to happen... He's living the extreme fast life. His trigger finger can be hotter than hell, and from the evidence, he won't hesitate to shoot. These files don't spill all; they don't lie. Ashanti, this man is dangerous. You've been my partner for how long as well. This is one case where I can't be right by your side, you feel me?" He spoke with honesty. That was one thing I loved about my good friend, Clarence. He had experience and was intelligent.

"I understand where you're coming from, old man, but you have to let me grow." I laughed. He gave me the eye, and I put my hands up, making him smile while shaking his head.

Clarence said, "I'm just looking after you. After all, I took a vow to your father that I'd look after you when he passed. Your mother would come up from the grave and kill me if I let anything bad happen to you." When he said that, I cleared my throat and began to stack the papers to slide back into the tan folder.

"You still hungry, I can tell. And yeah, I remember. How could I forget?" I said, sliding my bifocals back on my face. Clarence looked up at me. I could feel his eyes burning a hole through me.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry, Ash. I didn't mean to bring up old memories. But yeah, I'm over here starving like Marvin. Wanna get some takeout, my treat?" Giving him a half smile, I shook my head.

"It's okay. Don't know where I'd be without you. But takeout sounds good right about now.

And Clarence, it's fine. I'm telling you. You've known me for a long time. I'm a strong woman." I gave him a reassuring smile and stood up from the glass table. He stood up as well and gave me a hug. The front door closed, and I looked at Nathan from Clarence's shoulder and pulled away as I rubbed my neck slightly. Nathan's loud scoff could be heard from where we were as he stalked toward our bedroom.