A Second Chance

1997
I was getting more and more nervous by the minute, in just a few hours I would be back in the same room with my fellow band mates. There was just one person that I was the most nervous about seeing. Lindsey. We haven't seen each other since the inauguration for President Bill Clinton. Was he just as nervous to see me, would he even talk to me or even look at me? The anticipation of seeing him was killing me.
I went into my bathroom to take a look at myself in the mirror to see if I looked decent enough to even show up today. I didn't really feel like putting on to much makeup so I put on some light eyeshadow and some lip gloss. I was wearing a black chiffon shirt with some leggings and that was good enough for me. Karen came into the bathroom to tell me that we would be leaving in thirty minutes. My heart immediately started beating too fast. She could tell I was nervous.

"Stevie are you ok?" Karen asked me.

"Yeah I guess," I said but I knew she didn't believe me.

"I know that look, don't lie to me."

"I'm just nervous to see Lindsey and the rest of the band, that's it."

"Oh honey you know good and well that everyone else is probably just as nervous as you. It'll be okay. You and Lindsey will be fine, I just have that feeling." I looked at her in shock. I know she doesn't like Lindsey but I had to believe her because when it came from her mouth that me and him were going to be fine I believed it.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Thank you Karen."

"Anytime hun. Now are we ready?" I didn't want to say yes but I knew that if I didn't get this out of the way there might never be another chance with me and Lindsey and even with the whole band.

"Yes." I said to Karen without looking at her directly.

~
We reached the studio within an hour and of course I was the last one to arrive. Karen parked the car and took my hand in hers and gave it a tight squeeze. I looked at her and she gave me a slight smile. She didn't have to say anything but when I looked at her in that moment I knew she was going to say everything was going to be okay. I got out of the car and walked into the same studio that we used for Rumors. Immediately all of those feelings from 1977 came back, but something in the pit of my stomach told me that it wasn't going to be like that time. I reached studio B and reached to open the door but before I could, I felt a hand on my arm. I knew that touch. I turned around slowly and looked up into his icy blue eyes and instantly felt okay.

"Hey." Lindsey said with a smirk on his face.

"Well hello." I gave him a smirk back.

I didn't know what to do but he knew exactly what I needed. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into a hug. God this man knew me too well. His cologne smelt amazing and I just got lost in the moment and returned the hug giving him a tight squeeze. "I missed you." He said into my ear. I instantly melted into his arms. I laid my forehead on his shoulder and smiled. I lifted my head up to his ear and said, "I missed you more than you'll ever know." I gave him a kiss on his neck knowing that was his weakness. I felt him tense up I looked at him and said, "We better get in there before Mick comes searching." I turned to open the door and looked back at him, he was frozen to the floor. I went back to take his hand to guide him in. I was instantly greeted by my dearest friend Christine. I let go of Lindsey's hand and gave her a tight hug.

"Oh Stevie I've missed you so much!" Christine said to me after our hug.

"I've missed you more Chrissy." I gave her a smile.

"So you care tell me why Lindsey was frozen when you opened the door?" I knew I couldn't get out of this as easy as I thought. I grabbed her hand and took her over to the couch to sit next to her.

"Well I was on my way in and I felt him grab my arm and we hugged and said that we missed each other. And I might have stolen a kiss to his neck after I said I missed him." I looked away knowing what was to come next.

"Stevie are you serious? Don't do this again with him, it'll only turn bad." She grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze as I turned back to look at her with a slight smile on my face.

"We aren't doing anything yet Chris. This is the first time I've seen him since the inauguration. And even if we do do something this time around I have a good feeling about it." I knew she wasn't going to drop it and I gave her a warning look to not push it. She gave in and looked back at me with a smile.

"Well whatever you two do I wish you the best."

"Thank you Chris."

CLAP!

The sound of Mick's big hands coming together to get all of our attentions. I noticed in the corner of my eye that Lindsey was giving me a devious look with a slight smile. I puckered my lips and blew him a kiss. He caught it and gave one back. I knew this was like two teenagers falling in love all over again but
I knew it was going to be worth it this time.

Let me know if y'all like it. If I should continue it. Give me ideas! Thank you for reading this far!