Emily and Ted

"Come play with me?" Emily asked Ted. Ted was Emily's best friend ever since they were 2 months old. "Sure what about tag? Not it!" Ted screamed. They loved playing games and have fun with each other. That day as they were playing tag, Emily ran and ran until she actually caught him. She was a very clumsy girl so she fell alot in the river.

"Hey wanna have some dinner over my house Emily?" Ted suggested. "Sure!" Emily responded. " Im worn out!"

As they were eating they're spaghetti and meatballs, Emily took a huge gasp. "Where's my lucky necklace?! My grandma gave it to me before she died! I must of lost it when we were playing tag!" Emily started crying.

"Don't worry I'll find it for you. I promise with all my heart. It was my fault." Ted comforted.

As Emily hugged Ted, His parents looked at eachother and smiled.

The next morning Emily dashed outside to nextdoor to see if Ted can play. "Sure! I think he's in his room.", Said Teds mom.

"Knock knock!" Emily said in a sing-song voice. "Come on open up!"

Emily was tired of waiting so she barged in. Ted wasn't there. There was only this note. It said,

"Sorry Mother for leaving. I know that you will be disappointed and sad. It's for a good cause. You always wanted me to do good things for other people. Im sorry but it has to be done. I want you to tell everyone that I will see them much later and I love them. Especially Emily..

Love,

Ted."

There was a pain in Emily's stomach. Pure sadness. Why would he leave his best friend that he would someday travel the world with or hopefully get married and have kids? Emily wanted to have a perfect happy ending and he ruined it. She started to cry more than ever before.

"What's wrong honey?" questioned Teds mom. Emily handed her the note with wet marks from sobbing all over it. As Teds mom read it she just smiled and said, "Oh it's fine. He'll come back. Dont worry."

Emily was confused. What mother would just let that go? Her son is missing!

Day after day she hoped he would come back. Every day he was gone, he would miss out on live with her. Middle school, High school, Prom..

Whenever she got bullied he wouldn't be there. Especially college. They both dreamed to be doctors and share the same job. But that dream was over. She just graduated college and became a doctor by herself.

One day when she was working with a very sick patient, she drank a glass of water that the patient had drank, not even thinking.

A few hours later she started gagging and throwing up. she couldn't say anything and she couldn't breath for air. The other doctors heard her and immediately took her to the emergency room. they gave her SPR and everything they possibly can.

They called everyone on her contact list telling then the news. Once they called Teds mom, it didn't sound like her. It sounded much deeper. "Hello we'd like to inform you that Emily Warner is very si-" The man cut the doctor of. "What hospital is she at must I ask?" Emily didn't recognize the mans deep voice. "Tell her it's Ted. I have a personal delivery for her."

Ted came in and gave her the necklace. "I told you I promise with all my heart." He puts the necklace on her neck and puts tickets for every country in the world.