Part 27

You know, there is something about Airports. Maybe because I watched too much of romantic films mostly ending with an airport scene. Even though I know how much Angelo dislikes PDA. He won't make a scene out of me leaving him, or even give me a passionate goodbye kiss so all the random people out here can adore us as a couple.

Your flight for...Please ...check-in...

We hear the announcement and Angelo helps me with the bags, we walk toward the counter.

I look at him smiling a bit. I have to make myself look happy and excited so Angelo doesn't beat himself up. He forces a smile back. We reach the counter. Before I check in- I go over to him and take his face onto my hand, I kiss him. He doesn't hold back, and I get almost shocked when he gently tugs my lower lip. He has never been this comfortable kissing me in public.

Hugging me tightly he says . "Call me when you get there, okay?"

"Angelo."

I release myself and look into his eyes.

"You look beautiful." he says and I realize how random that was. Then he fishes something from his pocket. It's a chain with a little crystal heart. Looks fancy. "I want you to have it." I turn back pulling together my hair on a side, he helps me put it on.

"Thank you. It's pretty."

"Pretty on you." He gives a little wink.

Then He kisses me on my lips, this time it lasts short. I take my bags and finally check in. Turning back once again I gaze at Angelo, cherishing the sight as much as I can. He waves his hand and I manage a smile though inside my heart is wrecking. I see him one last time. He wore a Grey Tee with jeans, looking boyish and I just lose it. The door closes behind me and the time I get to my seat I am already sinking in tears. He booked first class for me.

"Ma'am. Are you okay?" A lady in sophisticated flight attendant uniform asks me.

She hands me tissues and I take it. I wipe out all that salty tear and blow my nose. She hands me a tiny basket to throw on waste tissues.

"Do you want something to drink? Can I fetch you a glass of Chardonnay?"

I scoff and stare at her blankly. She surely doesn't assume I am underage for drinking. But whatever. I need some alcohol in my system right now.

"Yes please." I manage to say.

She smiles composedly and  in less than a minute I am sipping a good drink in a long time.

Here's to Paris.

I make a mental toast.

And of course- without Angelo.