Part 32

I am trying to get my mascara off without getting a black eye, it is so hard to clean up after make up. I was out with Sebastian. We went to a little bookstore down the street after brunch. Then he took me to this lake, we walked down the bridge while he spoke fluent french and I tried pronouncing a few. Then we went to a cello concert. He just randomly tossed me ticket, said his friend was going to play and he just wanted me to go with him. I said yes because I didn't have any other plans whatsoever.

While I was reminiscing I hear my phone buzzing in the bedroom. I throw the tissues back to basket, wipe my hands and pick up my phone. It is Angelo, facetiming me.

Before I consider even wiping off the whole eye mess, I press the green button.

"Hi." I smile at the screen.

"WOW somebody's not getting her beauty sleep!?" Angelo grins.

"It's mascara. I was out today."

"GREAT. Had fun?"

"Yep. What's up with you?"

"Nothing. So where did you go?"

"Out and about."

"Tell me more."

I realized, we hardly talk about things.

"I'm tired, Angelo."

"So you wanna hang up?" I see his face darken a bit.

"NO. No tell me how your day went..."

"It was okay. Though you should know, your friend Caroline is driving me nuts."

"Yeah, she can be a pain in the ass. What did she do?"

"She demands a business trip."

"Business trip?"

"Yeah. Picnic by the mountains."

I shift in my bed. My eyes are almost closing. "Why don't you throw a party in our pool? And invite all the staffs..."

"Yeahhh not doing that."

"I don't know...Caroline's pretty stubborn...can you hold on?"

"Yeah sure."

THANKS FOR HANGING OUT WITH ME

-S

YOU'RE WELCOME x

"What are you smiling about?"

I flush realizing Angelo is on video call. 

"I wasn't."

"Yes you were..."

"Angelo, I gotta get sleep. I am turning into a psycho."

We say our goodbyes. I kiss on the screen, he grins.