Chapter 2

Can I get a window seat?

Don't want nobody, next to me

I just want a chance to fly

A chance to cry, and long bye-bye

Athena was perched on the couch, eating pizza when April arrived home. She seemed a bit frazzled as well. "Are you alright?", Athena called from the couch. "Yeah, just trying to help a friend." April continued going through some things in the hall closet and her room. Athena's phone sat on her foot and the picture was still fresh in her mind. Whatever she had caught a picture of definitely wasn't human. Maybe April would be interested?

"Hey April, can I show you something?", Athena asked getting off the couch. She brought her phone over to April who was sitting in the kitchen on her laptop. "I was doing some investigating down the hall and I caught this picture." When she caught sight of the picture on Athena's phone, the color slowly drained from her face. "Athena, I know this isn't going to make sense but I need you to delete this", April asked calmly. "Why? Is it bad? I won't do anything with it, I promise", Athena stated, drawing her phone closer towards her chest. "I can't really say but you just have to trust me." Athena raised an eyebrow. "I don't know if I do anymore? Why do you want me to delete it? What are you hiding?", Athena said backing up. "No, I don't want to scare you, it's just that I'm trying to help a friend", April said seeing that this was going south. "What friend? What's going on?" April took a deep breath to collect herself. "Just sit tight. I'll be right back." April grabbed her jacket and ran out the door, leaving Athena all by herself.

About twenty minutes later, Athena heard the front door open. April came through the door but someone else was behind her. The breath was completely knocked out of her as she saw what came through the door. Actually, she couldn't really tell what they were. All she knew was that they were huge and she had to get out of there immediately. It didn't take long for her to completely run into her room and lock the door. "Well that went well", she heard someone say from the other side of the door. She could hear April knock on her door but she chose to ignore it. "Athena you can't stay in there forever", April said sitting on the other side of the door. "Well I can try", she protested. "Listen, I know that they can be a bit frightening but I promise you that you have nothing to worry about so please open the door." Athena wrestled with the choice and finally made up her mind. She pushed open the door and April let out a sigh of relief. "Now Athena, these are my friends. This is Raph" she said pointing to the guy in the red. "This is Mikey in the orange, Donnie in purple and Leo in the blue." Athena squinted at Leo. "It was you", she said abruptly. Leo looked around and then back at Athena. "What was me?", he questioned. "You were the guy in the apartment. That picture I got was of you."

Everyone looked at Leo who was still staring at her. "Well, well, well, Mr. Honor finally slipped up", Raph said with a laugh. Leo punched him in the shoulder before coming towards Athena. Her fear had dissolved and she stood her ground. He reached his hand out and Athena placed the phone in it. She was starting to realize just how important this was. Leo then handed the phone to Donnie. He fiddled with the phone before handing it back to Leo who then gave it back to Athena. "Thank you", he said looking down at her. Taking a notice to how intimidating he was, Leo softened his expression. "It was nice meeting you Athena." She returned his smile as his brother still joked behind him. "Come on Leo, we need to go before Thea starts worrying", Raph called from behind them. "Will I see you again?", she asked quickly. Leo thought for a moment. "Maybe."