Help

Klaus

It had been a whole day since I had left Freya in charge of watching over my Camille. Her situation wasn't getting better. If anything, it was getting worse. Freya had somehow come up with a tea which helped Cami fight the infection for a little longer.

Until I could get home. Until I could look her in the eyes and tell her she needed to drop the hope of dying. I'd tell her that her only hope would have to be for a lengthy eternity by my side and Hope's.

Rebekah had come to my aid. I was now in Washington. One of my mother's most powerful friends lived here. Her daughter now was just as strong, just as skilled as my mother's friend and she was my only hope. I needed her to help me, I could take anything. I would do just about everything, even if it meant selling my soul to her.

I'd do it.

For Camille I'd do everything.

"Would you quit frowning like that, Nik?", Rebekah hissed in my ear, "Keep that up and you may make her change her mind."

"I have no reason to look any other way, Rebekah. If you haven't noticed, my life's about to be destroyed if this does not work. How's that for an explanation? Let me express myself - this is my battle, not yours. I will win it."

"How charming," both my sister and I turned, "Eleanor." Rebekah and I sighed.

Eleanor was about my age, perhaps a little older - if we're talking human years- , she was of night coloured skin, blue eyes - just like her mother.

She was a werewolf and a witch. A mix that I too had in my family.

"I hear you're in desperate need of my services," she said looking at the two of us, but her eyes landed on me for the longest time, " This must be about your little vampire lover?"

I nodded my head, "Indeed it is."

"She's dying?"

I hated those words. My jaw clenched, my fists became solid and my eyes lowered to my dirty boots, "She's not dying. She's ill, very ill and we- I need your help."

Eleanor walked to one of the chairs of the living room and she sat down, "Come on, sit down." she gestured for the next spots of the room. Rebekah and I approached with caution. Witches weren't really the best of friends to us and our family, but we'd take our chances.

"What happened exactly?" she asked me.

"From what I hear, she was bitten by another vampire - a lethal bite which has infected her and is killing her. A slow painful virus which is almost incurable. We've tried just about anything. Human blood, my blood - nothing's working."

Eleanor reached over to a little box next to her. I stood still, literally frozen waiting for her to say something, "I need the chance to fix this. She's all that I've got."

"And why should I help you Mikaelsons?" Eleanor asked as she pulled out a deck of cards from the box.

"Because if you don't, Eleanor, we have no other choice but contact other witches who wouldn't mind having a go at you. I mean, to die in order for another great witch to inhibit your body probably sounds like a lot of fun, does it not?" Rebekah interfered and I felt my blood boil.

Eleanor smirked at us, "Well, if this is so urgent. I will tell you something," her blue eyes glanced my way, "You're in luck."

I almost jumped up from my seat, "W-What do you mean?" I squinted.

Eleanor spread out her cards in a cross shape. She pointed to one card, "You're going through a sea of pain, suffering," her finger shifted, "You have death at your door, Klaus, but," she shifted her finger again, "You have something - better yet, someone who's coming in on time to help you. Now, you may not expect this, but their help will be of great use to you."

I looked at Rebekah and I shifted to get a little closer, "Can you see who it is? How do I know to find this person?"

Eleanor smiled at me, "They're coming to you, Klaus. Don't be so fearful. However, for now? Prepare because loss is coming, and you must fight this first in order to let the next door open."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "What do you mean? How can I trust these cards? You want me to let Cami die?"

Eleanor nodded.

"How can you even believe that what you are seeing is true?! What if this person doesn't exist and this is nothing but a ploy to destroy my family?! Camille?!"

Eleanor sighed and she looked at Rebekah, "Darling, tell your brother."

Rebekah stood up and she glanced at Eleanor, "Nik, this woman was the one that healed our mother. The one that saw you coming. She helped our mother keep you as a secret - she even went as far as cursing our father to see you as his own. But someone else broke the spell. She's protected you before. Why would she lie now?"

I couldn't give in.  I couldn't, but I was desperate. I wanted Camille to live, "What do I have to do?"

Eleanor got up and she moved to the other end of the room, "When she's gone," she pulled out another box, "You need to put this around her neck. It's a life amulet and it'll hold her down on earth and until she's helped. I know it's tough, but it's the only thing I can do right now," she approached me and she dropped the amulet in my hand.

I just stared at it. I felt my eyes sting, my vision blurred, "How am I going to tell Cami?" I asked.

"... Just let it happen."

I looked at her and I squeezed that amulet in my hand, "Just let it happen? Do you think that's fair?"

"Nik..."

"Because of me, she's dying. Because of me, she'll die and be brought back a second time - she once said she'd never forgive me, this time? She won't go back on it."

"Klaus," Eleanor begged, "This will work out, trust me."