Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Nicki Nixon found herself in a cold apartment, all by herself, the glamorous model life that people thought she had was the complete opposite of what she was going through.

Every night she cried herself to sleep thinking about her beloved ex-boyfriend she left to move to New York and start her new career, a few months after moving to New York she found out that her boyfriend had overdosed on pills, he killed himself and now she felt it was all her fault, when really it wasn't, Adrian her boyfriend had killed himself because of his own personal struggles as he claimed on his suicide note.

Her sleepless nights consisted of her waking up in a puddle of sweat after her nightmares of her cuddling up with Edward only to be left alone in the cold hard ground infront of a glittering lake.

She smoked and she drink, all she had left to strive for was just to maintain her small figure and her perfect skin with no show of pores.

She got herself ready in a black tank top, and slid on black skinny jeans with the most basic black pumps, it always a rule in her modeling agency to wear heels, in order to show that you were professional.

She stepped out her lonely apartment and called up the nearest cab with a thumb raised up. "Taxi!" she yelled almost tripping over her heels. She was known for having a bad reputation of being the bad girl, the press always caught her in the mist of her most horrible moments and never caught the good ones, because in reality she had none.

"Model Artistry Agency, please," she said coldly and her dark circles showing more than ever before.

After a fifteen minute ride, the cab pulled up infront of the agency with no problem, "here," she gave the driver a twenty dollar bill, "keep the change," she said skipping out of the cab.

"Have a good day lady," the taxi driver said in a hoarse voice.

She ignored what'd he said, and went along to be completely wonder stricken by her surroundings like she'd always secretly had. Cars rushing by, people and their constant chattering on the phone, and the busiest of sidewalks in existence. She carefully made her way inside, her golden blonde hair sticking out in the crowd of original people, her green dull eyes scanned around the white walled and beige floored agency, she walked towards a door located on the left side.

"Morning Nicki," said Jay, a bitter Latin homosexual guy with a hint of humor whenever needed.

"Hey Jay, Monique here?" Nicki asked desperately, the only thing she wanted to do now was to drink a fit of vodka and call it a day.

"Yes actually," he said in a tone of amusement, "and she can't wait to see you," he smirked sinisterly and pointed at the door with a golden plate on it that read 'Monique Derrando'.

Monique Derrando was the owner of the agency, safe to say Nicki's boss, and if Nicki did anything wrong her boss had to pay for it, and all the embarrassment caused, and they've both went through that already when about a year ago Nicki pushed another model down and out the runway for her own satisfaction it made headlines and it affected Nicki's career significantly, she almost had half of the casting calls she use to get, and that's not even a lot.

"You have to stop drinking so fucking much, and get yourself together as well as your career," bursted out Monique as the moment she saw Nicki step a black pump inside her vast office with a window and a black desk sitting in front of it, all perfectly centered.

"Good morning to you too," said Nicki trowing herself on the leather chair and chewing gum with her mouth mid open.

"And that attitude, that harmful attitude," Monique pointed at her with a quivering bony finger.