Part 1

(3rd person P.O.V)
At a picnic table close to the forests of Pallet Town sat you and Leaf, the two of you had been catching up once more since the brunette had been out visiting other towns once again for fun so she had been filling you in on everything new that she had seen and heard about but the conversation had been moved from the beautiful sights to a certain jet black haired, red eyed trainer by the name of Red. "Did you hear? Red's still be crushing all the other trainers who have challenged him in battle, no one has been able to beat him yet! I know this is strange but I was kind of hoping he'd get beaten while I was gone so I could hear a juicy story about all that happened but that didn't happen," Leaf said her voice turning into more of a mutter closer to the end though you could only shake your head and chuckle at her strange words. Leaf pouted at your form of response to her words before a mischievous smile curled on her lips "well speaking of crushing and red, have you told him about how you feel yet?" The brunette asked, excitement and mischief evident in her eyes and tone of voice.

Though Leaf loved speaking about the topic of your very obvious to her at least, crush on Red, the subject always made you extremely flustered and that's the way you became when the words left her lips, "w-what?!? Of course not! Why would I!?" You exclaimed, your face becoming as red as the boy you were both talking about's eyes. Leaf snickered and continued to pester you about Red much to your dismay for a good hour and a half before you finally manage to get her to stop teasing you about the boy. Speaking of Red, you and him had known each other for three, soon to be four years now and you two are really good friends now but it hadn't always been that way, when you first met him he didn't talk to you pretty much at all, he would always talk to Leaf or Blue and act as if you weren't even there but that all changed after awhile when you couldn't stand it any longer and formally introduced yourself to him. After that your relationship with him was complicated for awhile, he would still act as if you weren't even there or when you two did talk the conversation would quickly become one-sided and it would end up just being you trying to keep up the conversation but after awhile he finally opened up to you and was soon talking to you often and showing you parts of him very few people got to see and It always made you so happy to see him talk more often especially if it was with you.

~time skip to a few days later~
(Your P.O.V)
Today was Valentine's Day and I wanted to do something nice for Red, it took me awhile to come up with an idea but when it came to me I knew it was perfect. The gift I decided to make for Red was a chocolate heart that had a cute little Pikachu engraved in it, I knew it was going to be hard to make but it was worth it for me knowing I was doing it for Red. After I finished making the adorable sweet treat I wrapped it up, got changed then headed out to look for Red.

                                                                               ~ Time skip ~

It had been a few hours since I had left my house and I had been looking around for Red for quite a while and still couldn't find him anywhere, but I wasn't about to give up just like that, I was about to go look for him in a different area but was stopped by a rather familiar voice behind me, "oh (y/n) I've been looking for you...."