Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

Cheyenne took a few chips and munched on them happily, Lucy sipped soda and Alyssa giggled at a joke that Jessica had just said.  They were awaiting for the cookies to finish baking in the oven so they were chatting and munching on salty chips.  “Lets play truth or dare!” Jessica called out and the girls all agreed. 

“Okay…I’ll go first” Jessica said, “Lucy, truth or dare?” She curled her black hair around her finger and smirked. “Truth” She answered and Jessica smiled. “Do you like Seth?” Lucy brushed some light brown hair behind her shoulder and shook her head. 

“He’s cute and all but he is kind of annoying”  Lucy stood and stretched when the oven rang, signaling that the cookies were finished baking and that this game was over.

She pulled out the M&M cookies and the smell was so sweet that the girls dropped everything they were doing to go eat some. “Hot…” Jessica yelped and drank some cold milk. “Well of course they’re hot, they just came out of the oven.” replied Cheyenne. 

The girls giggled as they devoured their cookies and milk, they chose a movie and watched it. Around eleven PM, Lucy has told her mom where Cheyenne lived and her mother arrived about half-an-hour later. “See you tomorrow!” Alyssa, Jessica, and Cheyenne called out to Lucy as she walked down the driveway with her mom. “You already made an energetic group of friends…that’s nice” Her mother closed her eyes and opened them again and drove off towards their new home. 

When they arrived, Lucy went up to her room and showered then went to bed after telling her mom that she was tired. Ky was all Lucy could think about that night, the way he smiled and apologized. He was adorable when he apologized and he was gorgeous when he smiled at her. Lucy rolled in her bed and finally fell asleep.

The next morning she awoke and her hair was a mess, her eyes were still tired but she had to get ready for school. She looked in the mirror and brushed her teeth and then washed her face. Her skin was clear and beautiful which was what she wanted. She then brushed her hair until it was gorgeous. Her brown eyes reflected at her in the mirror and she grinned. She then pulled on the school uniform and grabbed her backpack. “Mom, I’m up!” Her mother yelled back saying that she was in the shower. 

Lucy grabbed a bagel and placed cream cheese on it and then ate it with coffee. Before she left she applied some lip gloss and headed out the door. “Bye mom!” She yelled and left the house. She had already memorized the direction to the school and she gasped when she arrived,  she saw Ky with his hands all over a girl in a cheerleading outfit. She had blonde hair that gleamed under the sun, her hands were on Ky’s lower back and his hands were slowly moving up her shirt, massaging her skin. 

A teacher coughed and they parted quickly, Ky and his girlfriend blushed as the teacher walked by. “Lucy!” Seth’s voice echoed and took Ky’s attention from the teacher to her. She turned around and Seth smiled at her. “You’re here early…” He said, his eyes twinkling. He was cute…and he did like her, maybe she would give him a chance. She smiled back at him with more confidence this time, Ky watched her walk next to Seth and he thought that should be me. That thought scared him and he frowned, why would he think that? He didn’t even really know her. 

“So why do they hate you?” Lucy asked intrigued at why this cutie wasn’t allowed to sit at their table anymore, “I refused to go out with Jessica and they got angry because I broke her heart.” He shrugged. “They cant make me be with someone I don’t want to be with.” Suddenly Lucy’s phone rang and some DJ mix came on. “Sorry” She said grabbing her phone and picking it up, “Hey…Yeah, okay! Bye” She had just talked to Cheyenne, whom was on her way now. 

“Hey what’s your number?” Seth asked hoping that she would give it to him, he expected her to say no and was surprised when she started saying numbers. “561-824-7334” He quickly entered it into his phone and he gave her his number. 

“Text me whenever…” She said as she quickly sent a message to Cheyenne. “I gotta go, see you later.” She smiled at him and he could feel his heart leap into his throat and he choked on his words.  “Later see you…I mean you see later…Uggh I mean bye” He settled down when she laughed at his silliness. She waved him off and then ran to where Cheyenne told her to meet. Alyssa sat on a bench chewing gum and talking to someone on the phone. She looked happy but also upset as her eyes kept bouncing around. 

“I love you too but I wish you would just do it already…I’m tired of sneaking around.”  Alyssa said kind of loudly but then quieted when Cheyenne glared at her questioningly. 

“Hey Cheyenne” Lucy said as she reached her friend that had her dirty blonde hair in pigtails,

“You’re hair is so gorgeous…I wish mine was like that!” Cheyenne smiled and touched Lucy’s hair. They walked to Alyssa after she hung up the phone. “Lucy can we talk? Alyssa said as she twirled her blonde hair around her finger. Lucy nodded while she pulled her hair into a ponytail, they walked into the school building and they reached Alyssa’s locker. “I’ve never told anyone this…but you’re the only one I can trust.” Now Alyssa was starting to get more nervous and fidgety. 

“Alyssa, whatever it is calm down…I will listen and tell you my honest opinion.” Alyssa seemed to relax as Miles; Cheyenne’s boyfriend, came down and hugged Alyssa. “I really trust you so I will tell you…Miles is my secret boyfriend” Lucy almost choked on the air she was breathing. “What?!” She said in a  loud whisper, “Lucy please don’t tell Cheyenne”  Lucy couldn’t process it clearly and her head was starting to spin. “Why would you tell me all of this? Im new…I cant handle this” Lucy breathed in and turned abruptly. 

She ran into the girls bathroom and splashed water on her face and then screamed into her hands. Why was it so easy for everyone to trust her? Why couldn’t they just keep secrets to themselves? She looked In the mirror and frowned.