Prejudice

«You can't do that. It's a boy's thing.»
«Stop playing a sport just to get the boys to love you.»
«You throw like a girl. You run like a girl. You hit like a girl.»
«Girls won't ever be able to be as good as boys in sports.»

I don't care anymore. Think whatever you want, because I won't let those words hit me anymore. I'm a girl and I accept myself as I am. You can say whatever you want to me. I don't care anymore. Get over the fact that girls can do everything like boys. You don't have to be a boy to play baseball, to play soccer, to boxe... I will continue to throw like a girl, to run like a girl, to hit like a girl, because I am a girl. Being a girl isn't an insult anymore. Being a girl, means being strong. Being a girl, is just a gender. It was not, and will never be, an insult. I don't care anymore. You'll never stop me from loving and doing what I want. I will never let myself be dragged down by words that won't ever define who I am, because now, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. But I have one thing left to say, thank you. Thank you for making me a stronger person, for making me who I am now. Because without your insults, I wouldn't be as strong as a person as I am now. Because of you, I can finally accept myself. Thank you.