Chapter 1

So, this story starts out the first day that I met Michael which was in school. This was before he was in the Jackson 5. Michael was so, shy the first day of school, he actually had no one to sit next to him at lunch and I actually felt bad for him. So, at lunch I went up to Michael and said, "Hi, my name Teressa." Michael, "My name is Michael." Teressa, "Can I sit next to you?" Michael, "Sure. A lot of people don't sit next to me though." (I'm guessing since the settting is in the 60's I'm the beginning than people were still racist) Michael, "Wait, you can't." Teressa, "Why?" Michael, "Because this seat is reserved for people of my skin color. I can't or I'll get a dentention." Teressa, "I know we aren't allowed to sit next to each other in the lunch tables but, can I still be your friend?" Michael, "Sure, I would love to be your friend." That was the day that me and Michael became friends but, I still didn't get the point of all the segregation in the early 60's, it just didn't make sense to me.  Michael, "Hey don't you live next door to me?" Teressa, "Yes, I do, you just never noticed me." Apparently Michael wasn't the only one who had an abusive father, I apparently had to deal with the same thing except I was never famous and I'm still not famous. 

My father was very rascist in the early 60's and he didn't like me and Michael being friends. So, when he heard about that, he beat me more than usual. When Michael started to become famous with his brothers, everything started to be different. Now, let me skip to 1969 when the Jackson 5 started to become really famous. Teressa, "What are all these girls doing here?" Michael, "Well, they are here to chase after me and my brothers." That was the day I noticed that everything changed except me and Michael's friendship. After school that day I went to buy me and Michael a Beatles record since me and him are both fans. (I read somewhere that Michael really liked the Beatles so, don't say that I'm wrong) Well, since I lived next door to Michael I heard him crying, well I usually hear him crying. That night I just kept dreaming of Michael and us being together. Oh, no do I have feelings for him? No, that's rediculous and I can't possibly have feelings for him. Maybe I should tell him? Or maybe I shouldn't? I don't know. What if Michael doesn't feel the same way about me? That night I had that question in my head and I just couldn't get it out of my head. 

So, the next day I saw Michael. Doesn't he just look so, perfect? I mean come on we all know he's adorable. Like his big eyes and his dimples. Michael, "Hi, Teressa." Teressa, "Hi, Michael. Wow, there is a huge line across your table." Michael, "That's because the Jackson 5 have tons of fans. Can I talk to you in private?" Teresa, "Sure. Now, I'm not too crazy on being a celebrity. I mean I love the fans but, I don't have enough time to just be a normal child. At least you have that opportunity." Teressa, "Except I get beat." Michael, "I didn't know that." Teressa, "Well, it's true." Michael, "I have been starting to have this sort of feeling towards you. Well, you see I'm in love with you." Teressa, "I'm in love with you too." Michael, "But, I don't know if my father would let me date you." Teresa, "Why?" Michael, "It's not because your white. It's because my dad wants me to pay attention to my music career. Since, I'm the lead singer he's harder on me." Teressa, "And why do we have to let him stop us from being in love with each other. I mean we can still see each other but, in secret. Like what Romeo and Juliet did. That story is all about a forbidden love. Well, that will be like our love." Michael, "Except for the dying part." Teresa, "Yeah, except for that." 

Note: That is the end of this chapter I will post another chapter pretty soon. But, I feel like this book will be longer but, it will just take me some more time to finish the book. Just read the next chapter to find out what happens next. Which probably won't be up until I have some time to actually write the next chapter. Well, anyways I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of "Behind The Mask."