Chapter 2

I slip on some casual but formal clothes and grab my keys as I head out the door. This job is not going to conquer me. It may have scared of still many night guards in the past, but I am not going to stop until I find out what happened to Mike.
I hop into my red Mazda and drive to the place of all nightmares, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. As I push open the door to the kiddie party themed restaurant, my palms sweat. It may have served fun and friendly, but if my husband was right and those happy-go-lucky robots onstage were out for the blood of the night guards, then the kids and parents here should be running and screaming in terror, not playing arcade games and eating pizza. I walk to the cashier, smiling.
"Hi, I'm here for the night guard job." I say.
The cashier's eyes widen at the words 'night guard'. "The night guard job really?" the cashier says as he pulls out a clipboard. "Well what's your name then?"
"Sarah. Sarah Schmidt." I reply.
"Well, Sarah there's really no training, just come in around midnight, and your shift ends at 6 am.
  "I think that's it so if there's nothing else, enjoy the rest of your life, I mean, day. Enjoy the rest of your day." the cashier says.
Even though I realise that the cashier obviously knows about the night guard legends, I smile and thank him, acting oblivious.
As soon as I walk out of that wretched pizzeria, I feel better. The place where my husband most likely died is not a place I want to be. I get back into my car and I decide to take the cashier's advice. Sometime in the next five days I was probably going to die, just like my husband. That's the truth, and I've accepted that. As long as at least I know the truth, It scared me, true, but that's ok. Now all that's left is to live life to the fullest before I have to go in tonight.