Chapter 1 - Crossing the Border

Authors note.
I am currently editing the chapters slowly. I have changed some of the story line so please feel free to re-read the story. I would recommend that but if you don't I guess it'll be okay?
I hope you enjoy the story.
________________________

I laid on the bed with my best friend, Levy in silence while we read the news off my magic powered tablet. There had been an attack on the wall last night from outsiders. They weren't really outsiders, they were our parents. But all the 184 protesters were shot on site.
"Lu-chan?"
"Mmmm?" I replied sleepily.
"Well I just want to know your ideas or thoughts as to why were we given these dolls. I mean, they look a bit like something out of any girls fantasies, besides mine. Of course I get the scary 'I deal drugs and mutilate women' looking doll." Levy eyed off the doll she kept in the corner.
"I deal drugs and mutilate women?" I laughed out slapping her hand lightly. Her face instantly reddened as she grabbed the doll and shoved it in my face about to defend her claim.
" Look at it Lu-Chan! He has long black hair that has probably never been introduced to a brush, and he has piercings everywhere. And I mean everywhere, who pierces their arms?! But don't get me started on his red eyes that look blood filled. He's probably Jack the Ripper!"
With her explanation I merely cried tears of laughter and rolled off the bed landing painfully on my back. But I was still busy laughing at the absolutely adorable silliness of Levy. Levy wasn't all that impressed though.
"Answer my question Lu-chan"
"To be honest Levy-chan, they are the most weirdest things ever. Were snatched at birth and given these dolls. I just don't understand, why are only a certain number of people taken away? Why do they do this to us. Steal us away from our families and force us to grow up within this crowded prison. I have no idea what or why the magic council does it, and the dolls just confuse me more. Speaking of the dolls, I wish I had the crazy lady next doors' doll. He looks slightly normal besides the no shirt thing. But maybe she removed the shirt."
Levy absorbed my answer into her brain, she was memorising my entire answer. Just like Levy.
"Do you mean Juvia, the rain woman?"
"Yeah! That's the one. Her name's so difficult to remember"

We sat in comfortable silence starring at the dolls and thinking. I began silently rambling on about my thoughts on the matter.

"Maybe some witches item or curse... that makes sense, all of us 'witches' have them."
"Imagine Lu-chan if they were real people and they were supposed to be who you end up with! I wonder if they hold magical powers too. If they do are they casted out as warlocks? Or do they conceal their powers and blend in with society? OH IMAGINE LU-CHAN! What if they had a doll of us too! Oh! Imagine if they were given a title too! Like us! You know, Juvia the rain woman, Erza the mighty Titania, You, Lucy the ruler of the stars and me, Levy the ruler of knowledge... my name is boring though... and super Nerdy!" Levy yelled as she puffed her cheeks pouting. Such an adorable person 
"YOU'RE TOO CUTE LEVY!" I yelled as I hugged her face to my chest tightly.
"L-Lu-chan... I can't breathe..." Levy muttered out and I let her go.
"Also that theory is weird. You've been reading and watching too many romance things again."

"I've been meaning to ask Lu-chan, but why do you do that, the hugging thing? It's not that I hate it; it just seems a bit out of character" Levy mumbled as she played around with the doll.
"Wait. So... Let me get this straight. Me hugging someone is out of character? Then what exactly does my character seem to be!" Levy tried to avoid the issue as I glared at her.
"Wait, wait, wait. You called me Levy? I would call you Lucy but I'm lazy so Lu-chan will have to do. And it's cuter." She smiled at me and I smiled back. Aww, Levy your adorable. I seriously love this girl. We both laughed our hearts out.

I could tell our minds were wondering about this world as we continued to read the news. I know my father had something to do with it but I don't know who was controlling him.