5: how about that weather?

"He's upstairs isn't he." Elise mutters, as we stare hypnotized at the scene playing out in front of us.

"Who?" I ask, pausing the TV, and grabbing a handful of popcorn.

"Felix," She says simply, taking a sip of juice, barely taking her eyes off of the tv.

I groan, "Oh, Him. Yes..."

"We should go do something." Elise announces, hitting play. The rest of the TV show plays out before I respond.

"Oh.... Well I can't," I sigh.

"Oh come one! Felix is here."

"You're serious? Leaving the house to my little bother and my arch nemesis," I shake my head, laughing at her.

"People don't have any 'arch nemesises' in real life." Elise laughs.

"You know what I mean." I roll my eyes, and we stare at the screen.

"I can't, I'm sorry. But, you're welcome to stay. My mom fixed lasagna!!" I smile.

"I'm a sucker for your mom's lasagna," Elise snickers, "Okay I'll stay."

As soon as I put the lasagna in the oven, Peter thinks it would be a great idea to pop the question.

Not that question, ew. He just wants Felix to stay for dinner.

"No." I say clearly.

"You're not the boss of everything." Peter crosses his arms.

"I am for the evening, and I say N O." I spell it out for him.

"FELIX YOU CAN STAY!!!" Peter yells.

"PETER!" I yell. I pull him by the shirt, into the laundry room, shutting the door quietly behind me.

"Peter. He can't stay." I shake my head.

"Why? Do you looove him?" Peter makes a kissy face.

My ears turn scarlet.

"The opposite actually," I say, "If he stays, you two are eating outside."

"But it's almost dark!" Peter cries.

"Well he doesn't have to stay..." I smirk.

"Fine fine. We'll eat outside." Peter sighs, and opens the door, running away from me.

"LOVE YOU TOO!!" I yell.

" Excuse me." A voice says from behind, making me jump.

I turn around, and see Felix on the step.

"Quincy." He mutters, grazing my shoulder with his.

"I'd say your last name, but it's too long." I tell him. Wow, what a great comeback. He laughs, then stops himself, his eyes turning hard as stone again.

"Uh... Peter's looking for you." I say. Felix nods, turning around to find Peter.

"Hope you like lasagna!" I yell.

"We can't eat outside, it's pouring!" Peter whines, as soon as I pull the lasagna out of the oven to cool.

I groan, ignoring his comment.

"PLEASE LET US EAT INSIDE!"

"I'm shutting the big metal doors now. Don't bother speaking to me." I pretend to shut curtains in front of his face.

"PLEASE!"

"FINE! EAT WITH US!" I give up, throwing the spatula. Luckily it lands in the sink... so no mess.

"Yes." Peter whispers.

"Heard that." I yell.

"DINNER'S READY!" I fix Elise and I a water, leaving the pitcher out for the other two.

Running to the table, I nearly trip just trying to get my usual seat... which Elise has already taken up. I sit right next to her, passing her her plate and glass.

Peter strolls in, with Felix behind him. They sit across from Elise and I, not daring to acknowledge us.

It's the most awkward dinner ever. All you can hear is the clinking of utensils on plates.

"So... How about that weather?" Elise asks, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

I stare at her.

"Er... it's okay?" Felix answers with a mouthful of pasta.

"El." I mutter. I shake my head. I don't want to engage in conversation. No.

Felix and Peter finish and finally take their plates to the sink. I let out a big breath that I didn't know I was holding.

"God, you okay?" Elise laughs. I shake my head, "I wish we could be friends... but it would be too weird."

"No it wouldn't!" Elise protests.

I move my fork around in my fingers, careful not to fling sauce everywhere.

"I've got to get home... thanks for having me Peter." Felix says. They're standing at the door. Elise and I decide to eavesdrop.

"Thanks for coming. Sorry about my sister, she's so weird." Peter mutters.

"No, it's cool. She's cool." Felix says, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Sorry, did you just call me cool?" I ask him.

I thought I said that in my mind.

His cheeks turn a dark shade of red.

"Well... see you later." He waves, slamming the door shut behind him.

"I thought we were still on the 'don't even breathe next to me' faze!" I shout.

Elise laughs, smirking.

"What? It's real, you know."