Chapter 1

Hunters POV:

There I was, driving down the highway, ready to burst into an all out crying scene. I felt horrible. I just shattered a girls heart, when all I was trying to do was follow my own. I loved Madison, but in my heart, I knew my heart belonged to Kaylee, and that will never change. The thoughts spun around in my head. I loved both of these girls for different reasons. One was my crazy girl, and the other one lights me up. I needed them both in my life, but I could only give my entire heart and soul to one girl. It's the loyal and loving thing to do. It's the reality. Let's face it, I was ready to throw reality out the window and stay madly in love with both girls. UGH. I just wish things were simpler, more straight forward. I wish I had a beacon of light to guide me through this difficult thing. It's not just anything. Its deciding between love and heartbreak. I'm pulling into the complex of Kaylee's neighborhood, and now it's time to make my choices. I had to go with my gut. I love both girls. It's not a typical love story, it's a crazy one. I just hope both of them will understand. I took a deep breath as I put the car in park and slid the keys out of the ignition and got out of the car. I unlocked the door, and there she was on the couch. My love, my rock, my crazy, my everything. She looked up at me when she heard the door close. She stood up and walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck as my arms went to her waist. "Hey Handsome." She said with a smile. "Hey Lovebug." I said before pressing my lips to hers, leaving a lingering kiss.

Kay's POV:

I saw the sadness that filled his eyes as we pulled away from the kiss. "Are you okay H?" I asked in concern. He just sighed, and nodded his head no. I knew this man way to well, when you've been dating for almost four years, it almost seems like you know they know you better than you know yourself. "Baby, you can tell me." I said to him in a whisper. He looked down at me and smiled a little, but it was the nervous kind. "We should talk." He said, grabbing my hands and holding them in his. He took a deep breath, "I ended it with Madi." "Y-you what? Hunter... You don't don't have to end it with her." I told him. "Yes I do. I want to be loyal to you. I want you to know that I am always here, that I put you first. That I -" I began to talking before he could finish. "Hunter, I know you love Madi... It's ok... And I know all of those things, H, you don't have to worry about that. I promise. Do what you feel is right for you!" I poked right where his heart was and continued. "Follow your heart Mr. Hayes." He didn't say a word, but just pulled me into his tight embrace. I heard shaky breaths, and soon followed the warm tears that had fallen from his eyes, and onto my shirt. I buried my face in the crook of his neck, doing my best to hide that was beginning to flow through me. My heart broke for him. He shouldn't have to go through this. "I need both of you." He finally managed to breathe out. "If that's what you need, that's what will happen." He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. "Really?!" "Of course," I said, "only because I love you." Without another word, he dipped me back and kissed me with as much passion as he could. "I love you so much." He said through kisses. "I love you so much more." I replied. "I can wait and talk to Madi tomorrow if you want." He told me. "Ok, do you want some dinner?" I asked him. "Sure." He replied. I smiled and went into the kitchen, pulling the box of pancake mix out of the cupboard and onto the counter. I began stirring the ingredients together, when all of sudden, I felt Hunter's arms wrap around my waist, giving me a hug from behind. "Watcha doing?" I asked, still mixing up the batter. "Oh nothing!" He said. Just by the tone in his voice, I knew he was up to something. Before I knew it, he had spun me around to see him. I giggled as he kissed my face repeatedly. I was caught off guard by him lifting my up and setting me on the counter. He just looked up at me and smiled. "What are you doing?!" I asked curiously. "Admiring how beautiful you are." He said with a half smile. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. This guy never fails to make me feel like the best girl in the world. I put my hand on his shoulder and kissed him. "Thank you." I whispered. With that, he picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck, letting out a few giggles. He carried me to the couch and laid down with me still in his arms. These are the moments that I loved most. The ones most people take for granted. I began to feel my eye lids become heavy, and my breathing become quieter, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep to the peaceful sound of my love's steady heartbeat.