Chapter 9: Telling the Boss

Early mornings are always the most quiet times.

Except when your three year old child comes barging in at 6:30 A.M.

Oliver had started to come into consiousness when the door creaked open, but the three year old jumping on the bed definitly fully woke him.

"Get up!"

"Olivia, go back to bed," he moaned.

"But it's morning!"

"Does she usually do this?" he asked.

"No," Dinah groaned.   "Only if she woke up reeeeally early."

"It's 6:30!"

"Olivia."   He saw Dinah sit up, pulling the covers with her causing him to pull them back.   "Your daddy and I are getting up.   Now leave!"

With her mission achieved, Olivia jumped off the bed and racing out of the room, closing the door behind her. 

Dinah flopped backwards.   "I can't stand the days when she does that."  

She lay there for a moment before getting up.   "I would have work today, but since we're leaving... I need to explain this to Sandra.   All of this."

Oliver was suprised.   "You haven't told your boss about any of this?"

"No, I haven't.   And that changes today."

Oliver waited as Dinah strapped Olivia into her carseat.   They were going down to the florist shop were Dinah worked.   The little girl couldn't wait to go see the woman she regarded as an aunt.

They pulled up in the parking lot an hour before the shop openned.   Oliver held Olivia's hand as Dinah unlocked the door.

"Will your boss even be here yet?"

"Yes, Sandra usually comes in at least two hours before the shop opens.   Also, the blue car over there is hers."   He glanced over, and sure enough there was a blue car in the corner spot.

A bell rang as the door opened.   As they walked in, a older woman, probably in her early sixties, with grey hair walked out of the backroom.  

"Well, I'll be.   You did show up."

Olivia waved and called out, "Hi, Auntie Sandra!"

"You didn't think I would?"   Dinah looked offended by the comment.

"Hello, Olivia.  Dinah, after the call last night..." Sandra trailed off.   "So.   Are you gonna tell me who he is?"   She gestured towards Oliver.

Dinah bit the edge of her lip.   "Sandra, this is Ollie.   Ollie, this is Sandra Colter."

Sandra raised an eyebrow at him.   "Olivia, how 'bout you go play in the back... I think that the grown ups need ta talk."

"Can I, Mommy, Daddy?"

Sandra looked in utter shock at the little girl, and looked over at Dinah and Oliver, eyes darting back and forth between the two of them.

"Sure, Olivia," said Dinah quickly, and Olivia ran into the back.

Sandra was still staring.   "Dinah..."   She glanced to make sure Olivia wasn't in hearing range, and whispered, "What the hell?!"

Dinah drew in breath, preparing for what was to come.

"Sandra, the truth is... I haven't been completely honest with you."