24.

I put on a (Favorite Band) t-shirt and some blue jeans before grabbing the supplies for Zayn and I' s project. Honestly I was screwed. The chances of us getting paired up were pretty slim as our teacher just so happened to actually pick our partners. Did he catch me staring at Zayn sometimes? Yeah I admit I did stare. He sat in the front as he was one of the "bad" kids while I sat in the back trying to mind my own business until a question was asked that no one knew. I actually paid attention in that class. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and went to the kitchen to find a snack. I grabbed a granola bar and started eating it while taking my hair tie out. The messy bun I usually had wore everyday was getting a little too messy. As I took it out and ran my fingers through my hair the doorbell rang. I threw my granola bar wrapper in the garbage and went to get the door. Opening it I found Zayn trying his best to lean against the door frame trying to be cool. I wish I had a stamp that just said 'fail' on it so I could press it to that surprisingly acne free forehead. I ran my fingers through my hair realizing I forgot to put it up and left the hair tie on the kitchen table. "(Y/N)?" "Yeah yeah hold on. Come in. Couch is over there." He stared at me for a second then walked inside to the couch. I walked past him after locking the front door into the kitchen to grab my hair tie. I looked on the kitchen table to see no hair tie to be found so I crouched down to see if it fell. I sighed and got in all fours crawling under the table in search for my lost hair tie. Seriously where did I put it? I felt a presence but decided to ignore it and looked around under the table. "Need help?" I jumped a bit hitting my head on the table. "Oh shit. Are you okay (Y/N)?" He sounded generally concerned. "Just peachy." I help my head and crawled out from underneath it. I didn't feel a lump yet but wasn't surprised if one started to form. "What were you looking for under a table?" I sighed and looked up at him. "I lost my hair tie." He looked amused, "Do you mean the one on your wrist?" I looked at the wrist that wasn't on my head and there it was. It felt as if all my stupidity just decided to hit me all at one point. This was going to be a long day.

One ice pack and 10 pencil sharpenings later we were almost done with our project. Or should I say my project as all Zayn kept doing was critizing me on my handwriting. '(Y/N) that's not straight,' '(Y/N) that N looks like a lightning bolt.' I was honestly done so I sat back and grabbed my phone. "How about you do it then." He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I laughed inside. "Fine. Just let me text my girlfriend really quick." He took his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. Girlfriend? "Oh that's cool you have a girlfriend." He smiled. Cute. "Yeah she's awesome. Really funny. Great personality. Plus she doesn't take shit from me. Reminds me of a queen. Puts me in my place I guess." I nodded. Inside I was dying. Here he was telling me about a girl he's dating not knowing he's flirting with me over text. He set his phone down on the table while I went to put my down when my phone chimed.

*New message from ZM*