My Angel

My Angel

There was once a girl who wandered off to a forbidden forest. She got lost and cried all day long. Then out of nowhere a strange dark figure lured between the trees. It was Death.

"Are you alone little girl?"

"Yes", as she tries to dry her tears away.

"Are you not afraid of me?"

"No", Death was puzzled on the girl's response.

Usually, people would immediately run miles away as soon as they saw the smoke-like shadow. Unlike this girl, who stood there and just keeps staring back.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Rose"

"What a beautiful name"

"What's your name?"

"I don't have a name"

Realizing that it was a mistake to approach the girl, Death decided to flee. But before he disappears, the girl shouted.

"I will call you Angel!"

Death stopped as he heard the girl and turned around, "Why did you name me Angel?"

"Because you came when I was alone and you have big black wings", she was referring to the shadowy cape at Death's back.

"Angels usually have white wings right?" he asked.

"Yes, but you're different", she smiled.

He was amused by the girl's words. She was different from the other humans he met. She was smiling. Her ambiance was bright and warm. He felt comfortable with her even if they just met.

"You better get home before dark", he felt concerned with the girl.

"But I'm lost!" she protested.

"Then I'll show you the way, follow me"

As he dashed through the trees, the girl tries to run after.

"Wait! Slow down!" she shouted.

She ran as fast as she can that she no longer see where she's setting her foot until a large rock stumbled her foot.

"Ouch!"

Angel, as what the girl calls him now, immediately flew back to her. He reached out his arms trying to catch her from falling from the river.

"No, I shouldn't", he said to himself and held his arms back.

And so the girl plummeted to the river.

He watched in horror as the girl tries to swim back but she was hurt and unable to swim well.

"I must do something"

He looked around and saw a broken branch strong enough to pull the girl back. He flew immediately to the struggling girl before she falls at the end of the river.

"Hurry! Grab hold of the branch!"

Right before she was taken down by the rapid water, she grabbed hold of the branched and she was taken to the side of the river.

"Are you ok?" he finally felt at ease.

"Yes, thank you Angel"

Realizing what he did, he stared at the river bank. He has never saved a life before. He now looks at the girl who seemed in pain from her injury but still able to stand up.