Late Gifts

A couple of days after Valentine's Day, You finally got to New Rome. Octavian had Valentine's Day planned for months, but a person makes plans, the gods make demands.

"Welcome back home child of (G/P)", Terminus greeted you as you walked into camp. "Did your quest treat you well?", the god inquired.

You laughed happy to be home in the city/camp, "The quest was fine, I mean look I'm still here. Thank you. Do you know where-"

"At the coffee shop by the pavilion", the statue grinned marble teeth shining. "But first I'll need your weapons"

Nodding you swiftly placed them down and ran (swiftly walked) to the shop.

Octavian head ran though a thousand different ideas on how you were fairing on your quest before he saw you.

"(Y/N)?", he inquired as he ran to you. Once he confirmed it was you, he smiled.

"Thank the gods, the bears told me nothing". You gave him a pointed look knowing that was not what he was supposed to be searching for. His face flushed as he mumbled about not finding Jason either.

"How hard did you look?", you said raising your eyebrows/eyebrow.

He made a hissing noise then a clear word "No" was grumbled.

With a sigh you looked at him "What did you search for". As he was about to answer you stopped him "Besides me".

He rolled his eye for a legacy he had a lot of nerve. "A better gift.", he grumbled handing a stuffed plush (G/P's animal). You gasped he saved an animal for you.

You looked him dead in the eye. "As you can see I failed", he growled. He hated failing as much as he hated not being the center of attention.

You pecked his cheek, "I think it's perfect". It took a few moments before he could think at all.