Chapter One

Chapter One

Since the age of eight I was aware that my father was involved with some pretty edgy people. I would often see these people hanging around in my dad's "man cave" as he would call it, just so I would get the thought across that I was not welcomed in that room and to stay away. I could always smell the cigarette smoke from under the door when I tried to listen to what was being said or done in that room. Often I would hear the dark booms of laughter coming within the room from each of the men.

As I got older I started to see more and more of these men coming in and out of my house accompanied by beautiful women in dark skimpy outfits matching their dark auras that the men seemed to have as well. In my gut I always felt like something fishy was going on. My twin brother never paid any mind to it. I would always pester my brother Asher to come listen with me by the door and figure out what father was busy spending most of his time doing in there and away from home.

My father always loved my brother and I, but he got more distant when my mother passed away by a bullet shot to the chest. All of his time involved going out to bars, hanging around these mysterious people who were always around, bringing home women who were decades younger (maybe not decades but close enough). I would often hear their grunts and moans at night. I would always have to plug in headphones and listen to music or watch movies in my room with the volume up loud to block them out. I missed my dad, but it wasn't long before I realized he wasn't the dad I thought I knew and looked up to all my life.

I was now laying on my bed, thinking back to how my life could make such drastic turns. I'm no longer as naive as I once was. I'm now nineteen years old, and it's just my brother and I living in our penthouse. I still see my father every so often, but I don't see him as a father figure more like someone who controls me without my best interest in mine but to save his own ass from his mistakes.

---------

This was a shorter chapter. Just wanted to get the book started the other ones will be longer.