Chapter 3: Why Me?

Brennan's POV:

All she feels is pain. It's everywhere. It's in her head, her scaphoid, lunate (wrist bones) and her talus (an ankle bone) There was a stiffness in her scapulae (shoulder blades), and in her lower Thoracolumbar Fascia (a muscle in the lower back). Dr. Brennan peeled open her eyes, only to see darkness. Ow, my head! she thought as she tried to lift her head up, but found that her head was in no condition to move. What happened? she thinks. Oh that's right, I was abducted on my way to work after leaving Adam's apartment, she recalls. She went to itch the back of her skull, but found that her wrists were tied together behind her back and shackled to the ground. Damn it, she thought, now I'm at a real disadvantage to whomever took me hostage. She tried her legs and felt that they too were tied together, they were shackled to the ground beneath her too. Why are my feet and wrists shackled- oh crap! This is really not good, she thought to herself worriedly. She began to try and search the room she was in, when she heard footsteps and men talking. She quickly became still and pretended to still be unconscious. A flood of bright light came into the room and she had to fight to keep from squeezing her eyes closer together. "Are you sure they'll come for her?" a deep voice asked, "Of course they are going to come for her! The FBI guy is her over-protective boyfriend. He'll do anything for her safety." another voice said. Is he talking about Booth? she wonders. "Hey, we should take this conversation upstairs just in case she is awake and just pretending to be asleep. We wouldn't want her to know our plans for her for the future." The man with a deeper voice said to the other man. There was only the sound of clothes rustling, after a few minutes a door closed and then there was darkness again. I hope Booth can get to me before these men do anything that will last forever. And why me? she thought right before everything went dark and her head hit the ground with a light thump.

                                      ***

For those of you who don't know any scientific bone/muscle names, don't worry I will tell their normal, non-scientific names next to them in parentheses! I know this isn't a long chapter but I'm running out of things too write so if y'all have any suggestions I would be so grateful!!:) Review and comment please!