Chapter 1

"Where do you want to go for dinner baby?" I asked Venny as we were driving. "I don't know, you know me I'm not picky!" We are going on 6th months together now. Everything seems to be so perfect, he lives an hour away from me so our relationship is mainly phone calls, but when we get the chance to see each other we make every minute count. I am 19 years old, and just starting to work full time. Where as Venny is 17 years old, about to go into the second semester of his Junior year in highschool. Venny's a straight A student, so I try to understand when hes busy.

"How are we going to get through this next year?" He said. "It's going to be tough with me working and you going to school, but we will find a way like we always do!" I say with a widened grin on my face. I could tell that Venny was sad, so I reached over and grabbed his hand tightly. "I don't care what I have to do, I will drive no matter how long the distance is to come see you every moment I get!" I say in hope that he blushes and to lighten the mood. "But what about college? That starts next year! What if I go to a school out of California?" At this point Venny is on verge of crying. "I will follow you no matter where you go! Now stop worrying about that and pick a place to eat!" I say. Venny began to giggle the sweet way that places a swarm of butterflies in my stomach he blushs because he knew exactly where I want to go!

After about 20 minutes of driving we reach our destination! Buffalo Wild Wings. This is where we spent our first date so it brought back many great memories. I get out of the car and open the door for Venny and cheekly say, "chivalry is not dead!" then kiss him gently on the cheek. "How did I get so lucky?" He asks me. "Well you see, a monkey dropped a note on my doorstep and it said YOU MUST DATE VENNY and so here we are!" I say purposely, in hopes of hearig him say the usual. "You are such a dork, let's go inside baby, im freezing!" As he grabs my arm tightly yet delicately . At that moment my butterflies turn into birds. Gosh hes so cute, the fact that he thinks hes the lucky one makes my heart melt. His touch, its crazy how infatuated I have became with this guy.

This date seemed to be the most memorable date we have gone on in a long time. We sat and talked inside for what seemed to be for hours! We laughed so much reminiscing over stories from the past 6 months. Then all of a sudden Vennys facial expression changes.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask him. "I want us to go on a trip before I start my last year of high school! Im going off to college pretty soon here" Venny said with his head down again. "You know I can't afford that! I'm barely making enough money to pay my car payment and phone bill!" I reply with concern. "Can you just find a way to take a little trip? Even if it's not far away, I just want to go somewhere with my love!" Venny said with a sad tone in his voice. At this point Venny was going to cry again, so I grab his hand once more, this time placing it to my lips.

This conversation sparked an idea in my mind. I had been wanting to go on a trip with Venny for so long now, but just havent really ever had the time to. Now knowing what he wants, I decided that I was going to surprise him, but in order to do this I have to act like I wasn't up to anything so Venny wouldn't become suspicious. So I agreed I would try but told him that I couldn't make any promises.

The whole ride to take him home he was quiet. I could tell that he was upset. I kept trying to crack jokes but nothing seemed to work. I even tried singing to the radio which always brought a smile to Vennys face, but nothing. I felt terrible at the sight of this but I knew this surprise would make him so happy!

When we got to Vennys house, I parked the car and sat there for a bit. We just looked in each other's eyes. It had been a long time since we had been able to do this, so this was special time for me. The moons rays seemed to enlight Vennys face in a way that made him look even more beautiful. At this moment I couldnt help myself, I lean in for the kiss, and right as my lips were about to meet his he turned his head so that I would get his cheek. "Swerve!" Venny said as a smile started to form on his face! This made me feel so good inside. Seeing his eyes light up from that sad mood he had been in. I then grab his chin and force him to kiss me. "You really thought you could avoid it?" I say with a smirk plastered on my face.

While I was driving home all I could think about was all the different places I could take Venny. Disneyland popped up in my head, Los Angeles, San Francisco even. "I dont want to give him a cliché trip like in movies." I announce outloud. I know that he deserves much more than the norm. At that moment my phone begin to light up. So I pulled to the side of the road so I could check what it was. A text from an unknown number ran across my screen, with a link to a website. I clicked on the text then the link. When the website finally loaded it read, "Gibson Ranch, a fun/quiet place to get away for the weekend. Call for more details!" This spooked me. Was this Vennys extravagant way of dropping hints? I instinctively call him in hopes that he would pick up, but nothing. All I could hear was white noise. A loud static. After a second time of calling something began to singe my ear. Soon that singe became a shock. I throw my phone to the passengers seat out of pain. I gaze at it in shock. My phone was smoking. All I could think about was how I was going to contact Venny.

The rest of the drive home was so weary, almost as if I had been dreaming. Who was this mysterious text from. Whats Gibson Ranch? Why'd my phone malfunction? Stuff wasnt acting up and I needed answers.